Ian Riccaboni confirms that he re-signed with Ring of Honor

Originally published at Ian Riccaboni confirms that he re-signed with Ring of Honor

Ring of Honor commentator Ian Riccaboni started with the company in 2014 and their working relationship will continue as Ian confirmed that he signed a new deal.

The news was first reported by Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp and Riccaboni confirmed the report. Ian put out a statement explaining that the extension was finalized during the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic but he did not feel comfortable celebrating the news at the time.

@ringofhonor and I quietly extended our agreement during the early stages of the pandemic. With the timing of the pandemic and the overall great loss we collectively experienced due to COVID-19, it was a conscious decision to not celebrate this publicly at the time the agreement was reached although I’m extraordinarily thankful.

ROH has always accommodated my work/ family balance and my other commitments and provides generous compensation

The agreement puts me on pace to call more ROH TV episodes and ROH events than any previous announcer and I am humbled by this. I appreciate everyone who has supported ROH and look forward to calling The Best Wrestling on the Planet for a long, long time.

Hey! This has been up for a few hours so it's probably OK to scoop @SeanRossSapp's scoop. Here are some thoughts about my @ringofhonor extension (which is now a few months old!). https://t.co/ADnZcExObz pic.twitter.com/Znwk51mV3e

— Ian Riccaboni (@IanRiccaboni) April 21, 2021

Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis-Bennett were announced to have signed new deals with Ring of Honor last week. Maria, Mike and Ian are three of a handful for Ring of Honor talent and personnel to re-sign with the company in the past four months.