Ian Riccaboni under contract to Ring of Honor through March 2022

Originally published at Ian Riccaboni under contract to Ring of Honor through March 2022

Ring of Honor’s lead commentator Ian Riccaboni speaks about his future with the company.

On December 11th, Ring of Honor held their Final Battle pay-per-view and it is the company’s final live show until their planned April 2022 return. Prior to the pay-per-view, Ring of Honor lead commentator Ian Riccaboni spoke about his future during his appearance on Jason Powell’s Pro Wrestling Boom podcast.

Ian shared that he’s under contract to Ring of Honor through March 2022. He’ll be doing voiceover and video content throughout this break. Ian went on to add that there have been ideas batted around about a ROH Hall Of Fame coming to fruition between present time and ROH’s planned return, which would include feature episodes about some of the greatest talents to come through Ring of Honor.

Yeah, so I’m not even particularly sure I’m on Supercard will either be hosting or doing voiceover, doing video for these shows and one of the ideas that was batted around was sort of a Ring of Honor Hall Of Fame with Ring of Honor Hall Of Fame episodes, with feature episodes on some of the all-time Ring of Honor greats over the last 20 years so there may be some work on that. That’s, I believe, what we may be planning for. There may be some more ‘best of’-type episodes as well so it’ll be — there will actually be new first-run episodes but they just won’t have first-run matches if that makes sense.

Riccaboni reiterated that he has indicated to Ring of Honor that he would like to return in April. He’s aware that there’s the possibility of someone coming along who is just as good as he is or someone that ROH feels is a better fit for their product come 2022.

This is the last time we’ll physically be seeing each other, you know, as a group . The last time until April and who knows who’ll be back. I told Ring of Honor I’d like to come back but, one of the consequences of being around a long time is that, you know, your salary does go up and there might be somebody cheaper who’s just as good or somebody who they feel might give a better look to the brand or program.

Following Final Battle, John Pollock, WH Park and Mike Murray recorded a review of the show that can be heard at this link. The written recap of Final Battle is up on the POST Wrestling site.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Pro Wrestling Boom podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.