I'm seriously losing interest in WWE

There was a ton of talk around WM and Cody coming in. They were really hotter than AEW during that time.

There TV numbers are stable really compared to years past. They aren’t plummeting at all.

The product is always slow after WM until Summerslam. I would think it will pickup again but I usually tune out after WM for a few months

What’s to discuss? they were hot around WM and Cody, and Cody has been in the exact same position and program since debut. It’s pretty stale. Shuffle around the same players, no interesting hooks.

The most interesting thing since Mania was backstage drama. They are likely to generate more discussion for their non-wrestling content at this point around these parts at least.

Look at the RAW and NXT numbers from 2019 to now, massive drops. Even SD has been down a lot this year. Staying stable like AEW is the new growth for tv ratings. WWE hasn’t been able to maintain at all year over year

Yes but they aren’t hugely down in the last year. It’s been down year after year much more.

No question the WWE product has cooled after WM

1 Like

Agreed, but anything is going to be slightly down after your peak time of the year.

When ur comes to measuring popularity, I think it all depends where you’re looking. If your on a board like this, you would think AEW is doing 8mil viewers a week and Raw is doing 100K. You go on Twitter, depends who you follow, tik tok, same thing. Only clear cut way to tell are the ratings, ticket sales (but even that is skewed due to price point), and social media engagement.

I used to listen to every WWE podcast here eventhough I did not watch the show. Now I also skip the WWE podcasts. Especially Wai seems to do them not because he enjoys them but because he kinda has to do them. Almost noone here watches it because their love for wrestling makes them do it. It is more of a habit for alot of people.

3 Likes

I think you nailed it with the habit narrative. The thing with WWE is they are still capable of putting on a great show, but for every great show there are 3 bad ones.

If a person just watches the PPVs, I think there experience with the product would be much better.

2 Likes

Same

I listened to a few of the raw ones around mania but just don’t care.

Thank God for aew

1 Like

There’s no short term planning beyond….another rematch

I think Trump would disagree with you

I didn’t realise it was from 4 years ago until about the 5th comment.

I haven’t watched a full episode of RAW or smack down in maybe 10 to 15 years in it’s entirety. I catch segments and listen to the podcast see if there’s anything worth checking out

Its amazing that they still draw the audience they do

1 Like

The part that makes me really wonder what the hell they’re actually doing, is when they claim that they are more of a movie or tv show than a wrestling company. Ok, fine. You want to be compared to mainstream entertainment. That has always been the M.O. for the Federation. But, when you compare it to other forms of entertainment, it is disgustingly horrible. If i was watching a movie with these storylines, id turn it off. It is really incompetent in its execution

1 Like

Is it okay to talk about how Cody has been there 3 months, has had one feud. Now that feud is fine. But imagine tuning in to WWE for the highly anticipated return of Cody Rhodes and he is in in month 3 of this feud with the same guy he beat at Wrestlemania. It’s an abuse of habitual viewers at this point.

Edit: typos and also didn’t know he was not going to be out. Well that’s a shame. At least when he comes back he can feel fresh and celebrated again.

4 Likes