IMPACT on AXS notes: Masha Slamovich arriving on 1/6, Martinez vs. Purrazzo, Awards

Originally published at IMPACT on AXS notes: Masha Slamovich arriving, Martinez vs. Purrazzo

On the January 6th episode of IMPACT on AXS which is the go-home show before Hard To Kill, Masha Slamovich will be appearing. Masha was offered a contract by IMPACT Co-Head of Talent Relations Gail Kim at the Knockouts Knockdown event.

Scheduled for 1/6 is a singles match between Deonna Purrazzo and new All Elite Wrestling signee Mercedes Martinez. Martinez debuted for AEW at their 12/29 event at Daily’s Place in Jacksonville. She helped Jade Cargill defeat Thunder Rosa to advance to the finals of the TBS Championship tournament. Purrazzo is going to be challenging Mickie James at Hard To Kill in a Texas Deathmatch with the Knockouts Title on the line.

Jai Vidal has aligned with Knockouts Tag Team Champions The IInspiraton (Jessica McKay & Cassie Lee). He appeared during a segment on the 12/30 show and went face-to-face with Kaleb with a K who is paired with Tenille Dashwood and Madison Rayne. Jai Vidal said his new name is ‘Jai with an I.’

Dashwood and Rayne are challenging for the Knockouts Tag Titles at Hard To Kill.

Always knew I’d be an INSPIRATION 💅🏽📸
“I’m JAI… with an I…” @IMPACTWRESTLING @JessicaMcKay @CassieLee @TenilleDashwood @MadisonRayne @kalebKonley #IMPACTonAXSTV pic.twitter.com/KyB2dQ5jlc

— Jai Vidal (@TheJaiVidal) December 31, 2021

The remainder of the IMPACT Wrestling awards were distributed. Jordynne Grace and Rachael Ellering won Knockouts Tag Team of the Year. 2021 Men’s Match of the Year is Josh Alexander and TJP’s Iron Man match for the X Division Title. The former IMPACT World Champion Josh Alexander also took home IMPACT Wrestler of the Year.