IMPACT REPORT: MCMG & Good Brothers vs. The North, Austin & Fulton

Originally published at IMPACT REPORT: MCMG & Good Brothers vs. The North, Austin & Fulton

IMPACT Wrestling

September 15th

Skyway Studios, Nashville, Tennessee

By: Davie Portman

Commentary by: Josh Matthews and Madison Rayne

The show opens with a graphic paying tribute to the former “Voice of TNA”, Barry Scott who sadly passed away last week.

Kimber Lee & Deonna Purrazzo vs Susie & Kylie Rae

Kylie and Susie play Rock, Paper, Scissors to decide who is going to start the match off. Kylie wins and starts the match against Deonna Purrazzo. Purrazzo escapes a series of Wrist Locks and as she hits her signature “bow” pose, Kylie rolls her up for a two count. This near fall shakes Deonna, so she tags in Kimber Lee. Kylie and Susie hit a Double Bulldog on Kimber Lee for a two count. As the referee is distracted, Purrazzo knees Susie in the back allowing Kimber Lee to take the advantage. Susie makes the tag to Kylie are who fires up on Kimber Lee. She goes for the Kylie Special but her foot gets caught by Kimber Lee on the Superkick. Rae cartwheels out of the hold and Dropkicks Lee. Kimber Lee hits a German Suplex on Rae who tags Susie back in. Susie hits the Panic Switch on Kimber Lee for the win.

Susie & Kylie Rae defeat Kimber Lee & Deonna Purrazzo via Pinfall in 8mins16secs

After the match, Susie teases that she is transforming back into Su Yung but Kylie Rae is able to calm her down.

Davie’s thoughts: Good opener to the show. Kylie Rae is always excellent to watch, she is so fluid in all her movements and really made the match exciting to watch. Purrazzo and Rae deliberately didn’t interact too much, which was a good thing as it should be saved for their singles match. I also liked the tease of Susie almost turning back into Su Yung and Kylie having to calm her down.

The Oprah of the X Division

Rohit Raju walks into Trey backstage who says that he is dodging everyone’s shot at the title. Rohit calls himself the “Oprah” of the X Division as he gives everyone an opportunity. Trey asks when he is going to get his shot at the Championship and Rohit says that unfortunately both TJP and Chris Bey still have a claim to be the next challenger. Trey says that he is going to roll up and smoke TJP and after he’s done with him, he is coming for the X Division Championship.

John E Bravo’s Best Man

John E Bravo is on the phone organizing a String Quartet for his wedding with Rosemary. Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz come in and say that they want to be Bravo’s Best Man. Bravo tells them that they’re not his Best Man. Hogan and Steelz start mocking Bravo by saying that Taya is making all the decisions for him. Bravo says that he is making his own decisions and has already chosen a Best Man. As Fallah Bahh walks past, Bravo grabs him and names him the best man.

XXXL vs The Deaners

Cody Deaner asks for a truce and bows but Acey Romero kicks him in the head, tags in Larry D, and the two double team Deaner. Cody ducks a Clothesline from Larry D and manages to tag in Cousin Jake who hits a huge Spear to Larry D in the corner followed by an impressive Sidewalk Slam to the big man. Cody puts on his hat and calls for their tag team finisher however Acey Romero Pounces him out of the ring. Jake hits a Scoop Slam on Acey Romero but Larry D follows up with a big Right Hand to pick up the win.

XXXL defeat The Deaners via Pinfall in 3 mins 59 secs

Davie’s thoughts: This was a really entertaining sub-5 minute match. I liked the new aggressive side to XXXL and always think they move really well for men their size. I think Cousin Jake is really impressive and actually has the potential to be a bigger star. I would love to see him move more into singles competition.

Trey Miguel vs TJP

The two start the match very evenly matched, with both countering each other’s moves. Trey gets the first bit of offense as he manages to hit a Standing Moonsault. TJP traps Trey in a series of submissions including a Muta Lock but Trey gets to the ropes. Trey goes for a Crossbody off the top but is met with a Dropkick. Trey comes back with a Cheeky Nandos Kick followed by a 619 but his ankle gets caught by TJP. Trey manages to come back with an Enziguri followed by a Hurricanrana and a Low Pe Suicida to the outside. TJP dives to the top and hits a Superplex and transitions immediately into an Octopus Stretch before locking in the Knee Bar. Trey comes back with Double Knees to the chest followed by Diving Double Knees off the top rope for the win.

Trey Miguel defeats TJP via Pinfall in 7 mins 6 secs

Davie’s thoughts: I thought this match was excellent. Both men are really fluid in their wrestling and were a great matchup for each other. The way TJP can seamlessly move from submission to submission is incredibly impressive. I could see this match doing really well in front of a live crowd.

Austin and Fulton Beat Down The Rascalz

After the match, we go backstage where we see Ace Austin and Madman Fulton beating down Dez and Wentz of The Rascalz.

The Motor City Machine Gun Karl Anderson and Gallows

The Motor City Machine Guns are backstage and are informed by the doctor that he can’t clear The Rascalz to wrestle in the eight-man tag match tonight. Anderson and Gallows enter and offer to take The Rascalz place and team with The Motor City Machine Guns.

Rich Swann is Bound For Glory

Rich Swann comes to the ring wearing his protective boot and is on crutches and requests Scott D’Amore to come to the ring. Rich Swann asks if he can be cleared so that he can face Eric Young. D’Amore says that he wouldn’t like anything more than to see Rich Swann compete again but the doctors haven’t cleared him. Swann says that he will be ready in time for Bound For Glory. He goes on to say that he is the only person in the company who has a pinfall over Eric Young and therefore he should be number one contender. Swann says that Young didn’t only try to end his career but he tried to change his life. He doesn’t care if he ends up crippled but he wants Eric Young and he is begging for that title shot. Just before Scott D’Amore makes his decision, Eric Young comes out and shoves D’Amore over. Rich Swann jumps him and the two brawl. As Eric Young is leaving Scott D’Amore gets back up and says that on October 24th you should take this “s**t” out and confirms the match for Bound For Glory.

Taya and Rosemary

Taya Valkyrie asks where Rosemary was last week when she got attacked last week. Rosemary says that she was too busy. Taya asks if she will be there at ringside for her match this week and Rosemary agrees.

Brian Myers vs Willie Mack

Willie Mack starts off the match hot and clotheslines Myers the outside before hitting him with the Slingshot Plancha. Myers shoves Mack into the barricade and starts to make a comeback. Myers removes the padding from the turnbuckle and tries to throw Mack’s head into the exposed steel but Mack manages to block it. Myers runs into a Back Suplex as Mack starts to come back into the match. He hits a big Scoop Slam on Myers followed by a Leg Drop for a two count. Myers hits an Enziguri followed by a Michinoku Driver for a two count. Myers hits a Low Blow followed by the DDT and it looks like Myers is going to win via cheating a third time but Mack kicks out. Myers runs accidentally into the exposed turnbuckle, gets hit by the Stunner and Willie Mack picks up the win.

Willie Mack wins via Pinfall in 8 mins

Davie’s thoughts: Not a bad match and it was good to see Willie Mack get his win after being cheated the last few weeks however, I am ready to see both these guys move on to something else. Unfortunately, I don’t really see what Myers has to offer in Impact and am not really interested in his direction. Willie Mack is also floating around after dropping the X Division Championship. I would like to see him maybe be involved in Swann’s feud with Eric Young a bit more as he is very talented, just a bit directionless.

Cooperation of a Murderer

Rosemary bumps into Nevaeh and Havok backstage. Rosemary tells Havok that to officiate a demon wedding there are very specific measures and they must resurrect the one person who can control them. To do this they must make a virgin sacrifice or have the cooperation of the murderer. Rosemary is clearly referring to James Mitchell, who Havok murdered a few months ago. Havok refuses to help and attacks Rosemary.

The Wrestling God Calls The Demo God

Moose runs into Scott D’Amore backstage and is begging him for help as EC3 has been stalking him, stole his title, and brainwashed his coach. D’Amore says that he has too much on his plate and that it’s all in his head and that he is making it up. D’Amore walks off and leaves Moose thinking that it might be all in his head when EC3 appears with the title. He tells him that time is running out and that he has been warned. Moose then makes a phone call to the “Demo God” and asks how he handled things when his title got stolen. He thanks him for the advice and says “next time, the bubbly’s on me”.

Davie’s thoughts: Once again, I found Moose very entertaining here. I found it rather amusing using the story of Chris Jericho losing his AEW Title for advice with what to do with his stolen title. I don’t for one second expect to see Jericho on Impact but I did find the joke amusing.

Rhino Lets Heath In

We see Rhino backstage letting Heath back into the building. He tells him to follow his lead and he “has his back”.

Tenille Dashwood Photo Shoot

Tenille Dashwood is backstage having a photoshoot when Jordynne Grace enters and tells her that when she said to “show up to work” she meant to wrestle not to just have a photoshoot. Grace tells her that next week she will have to work as she has a match against her.

Kiera Hogan vs Taya Valkyrie

Taya catches Kiera immediately, drives her into the corner, and delivers stiff kicks. Taya dumps Hogan to the outside and looks frustrated that Rosemary isn’t at ringside with her. Taya hits a Double Stomp to the back of Hogan for a two count. Kiera makes a brief comeback and hits a Running Dropkick into the corner for a two count. Taya hits a Back Elbow, Clothesline, and Running Hip Attack before Steelz pulls Hogan out of the ring. As the referee is distracted Steelz rakes the eyes of Taya allowing Hogan to hit the Swinging Fisherman’s Neckbreaker for the win.

Kiera Hogan defeats Taya Valkyrie via Pinfall in 3 mins 15 secs

Davie’s thoughts: I really liked Taya’s aggression at the beginning of the match and I felt she showcased her frustration at Rosemary not being there really well. I was happy to see Kiera Hogan get the win and I would love to see her move more into the title picture. Taya losing really helps her character and build the story of both Bravo and Rosemary eventually leaving her.

Heath Steals The Winnings

Rhino approaches Hernandez backstage and says that he isn’t looking for a fight but he wants an arm wrestling rematch. Rhino says he never arm wrestles with his back to the door so asks to switch sides. As Hernandez is distracted by having an arm wrestle with Rhino, Heath sneaks in and steals the winnings. Rhino then changes his mind about the match and leaves.

Who is the X Division Number One Contender?

Chris Bey tells Rohit Raju that he owes him a rematch. Rohit says that he does owe him a rematch but he lost to TJP and that should make him next in line. TJP comes in and says that he should be next in line. Rohit tells TJP that Trey beat him and therefore should be next in line. Trey then enters thinking he is number one contender. Rohit suggests that they all get in the ring and have a match to determine who the number one contender is.

Next Week

Kimber Lee vs Susie

Chris Bey vs Trey Miguel vs TJP (X Division Number One Contenders Match)

Jordynne Grace vs Tenille Dashwood

The North, Ace Austin & Madman Fulton vs The Motor City Machine Guns & The Good Brothers

The Good Brothers make quick tags and spend the early part of the match beating up Ace Austin. Anderson makes a really stiff tag across the tag to Chris Sabin as Austin tags in Josh Alexander. The Motor City Machine Guns hit multiple double team moves to Alexander, Page, and Austin before Fulton comes in and attempts a Double Chokeslam however, the Machine Guns take him down. After the commercial break, Alexander plants Shelley with an Assisted DDT for a two count. Ace Austin attempts to make a tag to Madman Fulton however, Ethan Page sticks his hand out and “steals” the tag. After being beaten down for a while, Shelley makes the hot tag to Karl Anderson who hits a Spinebuster on Ethan Page for a two count. The Good Brothers attempt the Magic Killer but it gets broken up. Sabin hits a DDT/Kick combo taking out both members of The North. The referee completely loses control of the match as everyone is hitting Running Clotheslines to each other in the corner leading to Karl Anderson hitting the Stun Gun to Madman Fulton. The North hit a Double Team maneuver on to Chris Sabin but Ace Austin tags himself in to pick up the win. The match ends with The North looking really upset with Austin stealing the win from them.

The North, Ace Austin & Madman Fulton defeat The Motor City Machine Guns & The Good Brothers via Pinfall in 11 mins 27 secs

Davie’s thoughts: I thought this was a highly entertaining main event. As is often in tag team matches in Impact there was very little control and it felt almost like a Tornado Match. That being said, the action was non stop and lead to a really exciting match. I liked the finish too and it looks like we might see The North start to turn babyface, which I think could be a good thing for them. With the addition of the Motor City Machine Guns, I think the tag division is the most entertaining part of Impact and I expect to possibly see a multi-team match for the tag titles at Bound For Glory, which I think will be excellent.

I thought this was a pretty solid show overall. There seemed to be a lot more matches on this week’s show than usual and the episode was better for it. All the backstage segments seemed concise and kept the show moving. I’m glad we have the main event for Bound For Glory already announced, now over the next few weeks they can build up the undercard. Trey vs TJP and the main event were definitely my highlights of the night as both were really solid matches. Next week also looks like a good show as I’m sure that X Division triple threat will be excellent and Jordynne Grace vs Tenille Dashwood should also be very good.

7 Photo Shoots out of 10