IMPACT WRESTLING REPORT: Farewell to The Rascalz

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/11/17/impact-wrestling-report-farewell-to-the-rascalz/

IMPACT Wrestling

November 17th, 2020

Skyway Studios, Nashville, Tennessee

Commentary by: Josh Matthews and Madison Rayne

TNA World Heavyweight Championship (No Disqualification)

Moose vs Willie Mack

The show opens with a rematch from Turning Point for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Moose enters first with an awfully mixed version of Carmina Burana into his regular theme. Willie Mack jumps the bell to try and get revenge from Saturday night. Mack hits a Shotgun Dropkick followed by a series of Kicks and a Senton in the corner, which sends Moose to the outside. Moose Sidesteps Mack, which sends him over the barricade and allows Moose to take advantage. Moose talks some trash and addresses Rich Swann directly to the camera saying “this is what pain looks like”. Mack tries to fight back with some Roaring Elbows but Moose Kips Up and hits a Dropkick to get back in control. Moose grabs Mack by the mouth and tells him to tell the world that he is a “Wrestling God” but Mack refuses. Moose runs shoulder-first into the ring post, which allows Mack to make a comeback. Mack hits the Samoan Drop followed by a Standing Moonsault for a two count. Mack goes up to the top for the Six Star Frog Splash but Moose is able to move out of the way. Mack hits the Stunner but Moose comes right back with the Spear. Instead of going to the cover, Moose delivers a bunch of Elbows which causes the referee to stop the match.

Moose defeats Willie Mack via KO in 10 mins 5 secs

After the match, Moose continues to beat down on an unconscious Willie Mack and demands for his music to be played.

Davie’s thoughts: I thought this was a relatively decent back and forth between these two Heavyweights however, the pace seemed really slow. Although these are two bigger talents I’m used to seeing them both work at a faster athletic pace. Both men seemed a step off and there wasn’t much fluidity from move-to-move. I am enjoying Moose’s more aggressive side since the EC3 feud and I think he should continue trying to win his matches via knockout.

The Treehouse

The Rascalz are in The Treehouse upset about being evicted from IMPACT Wrestling. They reminisce about their favorite times in IMPACT like when Wentz took Gail Kim on a date to see the Jonas Brothers and when Moose came in The Treehouse to attack them all. As their remembering all the fun times the lights go out and they realize they never paid the electricity bill.

Detective Dreamer’s Investigation

The Deaners enter the interview room to ask Dreamer how the investigation is going. Dreamer says he has narrowed it down to a few suspects but won’t tell Cody who the suspects are as Cousin Jake is still one of them. Cody tells Dreamer that he should check Johnny Swinger’s fanny pack.

Suicide vs Gio

Suicide takes on newcomer Gio in a singles match however before the match can get going, Eric Young and Joe Doering enter to attack both men.

The match ends in a no-contest after 42 secs

After the match, Eric Young gets on the microphone to cut a promo. Young says that he and Joe Doering are the reason we all won’t be able to sleep at night. He says that he controls the world and the world belongs to them. This promo wasn’t delivered to anyone in particular but seemed to be for the whole roster.

A Message For Purrazzo

Gia Miller interviews the new Knockout’s Champion, Deonna Purrazzo. Purrazzo says that it feels amazing being a two-time champion and she has only been there six months. Kimber Lee says that it felt so good to see what Purrazzo did to Su Yung after he was attacked last week. Both state their intentions on becoming Knockouts Tag Team Champion when the screen flickers and a message written in blood is revealed on the mirror behind them saying “Next week ur time will come”.

Doering and Young Attack Rhino and Heath

Heath is backstage with Rhino saying that Rich Swann has given him the number for a fantastic physiotherapist and he is going to make himself an appointment. Rhino leaves the dressing room to confront Eric Young and Joe Doering. Rhino warns them that he saw what they did and he isn’t going to let it happen again. Both Doering and Young attack Rhino before entering the dressing room to attack Heath.

Brian Myers vs Crazzy Steve

Brian Myers starts the match by talking a lot of trash and calling himself “The Most Professional Wrestler”. Myers bates Steve in by pretending to want to wrestle but instead kicks him in the guy. Steve is able to come back with a Leg Scissors followed by a submission in the ropes. Both men start to fight on the apron. Steve attempts to bite the head of Steve but is shoved back into the ring post. Myers repeatedly goes for the Sleeper Hold but Crazzy Steve is able to fight out with a Jawbreaker. Steve drills Myers with repeated Clotheslines in the corner, followed by an Uppercut and Cannonball for a two count. Steve locks in an arm submission but Myers is able to get to the ropes. Myers punches Crazzy Steve in his good eye, which blinds him, and follows up with the Clothesline to pick up the win.

Brian Myers defeats Crazzy Steve via Pinfall in 6 mins 36 secs (Plus commercials)

Davie’s thoughts: This was a relatively entertaining match between both competitors where Crazzy Steve more than held his own against Myers. I liked Myers attacking the good eye of Steve to be able to pick up the win however, I don’t think a Clothesline works as a finish for a guy Myers size. I’m not saying that Myers is small but I don’t buy him as this powerhouse who has a devastating Clothesline. I’m not really sure where Myers goes from here. I don’t see him as someone who will be in main events but it hasn’t been entertaining seeing him pick up wins over low and mid-carders. Personally, I would prefer to see him find a partner and enter the tag team division.

IMPACT Plus Flashback Moment of the Week

This week’s IMPACT Plus Flashback Moment of the Week is a Knockouts Tag Team Match from the November 3rd, 2011 episode of IMPACT where Gail Kim and Madison Rayne win the Knockouts Tag Team Championship after defeating Tara and Brooke Tessmacher.

Dreamer Interrogates Swinger

Johnny Swinger enters Detective Deamer’s interview room. Dreamer says that he’s got some new evidence and wants to examine his fanny pack. Dreamer sees a gun sticking out of Dreamer’s fanny pack and asks if it is a magnum. Swinger says “yes it is” and pulls out a Magnum condom. Dreamer points to the gun and says that Swinger is clearly guilty. Next week Dreamer will bring back Wrestlers Court for the Trial of Johnny Swinger.

Knockouts Tag Team Championship Tournament
Round 1
Tenille Dashwood & Alisha Edwards vs Havok & Nevaeh

Alisha and Nevaeh start off by talking trash to each other before Alisha stamps on Nevaeh’s foot and hits a Running Bulldog for a two count. Alisha tags in Dashwood and both hit a Double Suplex to Nevaeh. Dashwood hits a Low Crossbody in the corner for a two count. Havok gets tagged in and Alisha is able to take her down with a Tilt A Whirl Flatliner but soon after Havok takes her out with a huge Spinning Uranage. Whilst Alisha is getting Double Teamed, Dashwood is on the apron having her photo taken by Kaleb With A K. Alisha comes back and yells “It’s all about us” before hitting Dashwood’s Low Crossbody to the corner. Havok goes for a Double Clothesline but both Alisha and Dashwood send her to the outside. Dashwood throws her own partner into Nevaeh and then is taken out by a DDT. Havok and Nevaeh hit a Wheelbarrow into a Cutter to pick up the win.

Havok &Nevaeh defeat Tenille Dashwood & Alisha Edwards via Pinfall in 6 mins 30 secs

Davie’s thoughts: For me, this was the most entertaining match of the night so far. I thought Alisha had some really good sequences with both Havok and Nevaeh and looked the best I’ve seen her in a long time. Dashwood played her role perfectly as the selfish tag partner who was largely responsible for her team losing. The right team won, with Havok & Nevaeh being an established tag team for quite a few months. They will go on to face the winner of Killer Kelly & Renee Michelle vs Jordynne Grace & TBA.

Jordynne Grace and Her Mystery Partner

Jordynne Grace is on the phone with her mystery partner. Grace says that once she heard that the person on the phone was retiring she knew she had to give it a shot and she will see her next week.

Hernandez vs Fallah Bahh

Both start the match by trying to knock down the other with Shoulder Tackles. Fallah Bahh eventually manages to knock Hernandez down with a big Crossbody. Hernandez comes back with a Slingshot Shoulder Block, which sends Bahh to the outside. Hernandez follows up with a huge dive over the top rope to the outside. Fallah Bahh manages to come back with a big Hip Attack in the corner followed by a Samoan Drop for a two count. Fallah Bahh goes for another Samoan Drop but Hernandez is able to fight out and hits a Splash off the top rope for the win.

Hernandez defeats Fallah Bahh via Pinfall in 3 mins 35 secs

Davie’s thoughts: This was a very quick match with not much of note. The most impressive moment was when Hernandez leaped over the top rope. I much preferred seeing Fallah Bahh in the tag team with TJP as I think he makes for an entertaining hot tag. I feel he could easily get lost in the shuffle in the lower mid-card as just a singles wrestler.

What Would Dusty Do?

Rohit Raju is complaining to Scott D’Amore about Eric Young and Joe Doering stealing his thunder after his successful title defense at Turning Point. As Rohit leaves, D’Amore remarks that he “really misses the Austin Aries days”, taking a dig at Aries “diva-ish” antics. TJP enters and D’Amore says that he was routing for him and he’s disappointed that he got screwed. D’Amore says that no one names “TJP” can challenge for the X Division Championship as long as Rohit Raju is champion. D’Amore questions what would Dusty do, as he always knew how to work around things. Scott D’Amore is very unsubtle and makes it clear that no one called TJP can challenge but any other name or character can. He then leaves as TJP is pondering what D’Amore just said.

The Good Brothers Tease “The Phenomenal One”

Scott D’Amore is now hanging out with The Good Brothers as they give him free swag. Ethan Page enters and is furious that D’Amore is hanging out with them. Page says that D’Amore knows him really well and he never causes any problems and officially requests a rematch for the Tag Team Championships. The Good Brothers say that Page can have a singles match against a “Phenomenal” wrestler who is returning to IMPACT and if Page wins, The North can face them for the Tag Team Championship.

Davie’s thoughts: I really don’t like when companies tease something they can’t deliver on. The Good Brothers are obviously heavily hinting that AJ Styles is returning, which we all know isn’t going to happen. I am, however, curious to see who else it could be returning to IMPACT. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a character from Talk N’ Shop A-Mania.

Next Week

The Knockouts Tag Team Championship Continues.
Rich Swann vs Ken Shamrock (IMPACT World Heavyweight Championship

Dez & Wentz vs Trey Miguel & Rich Swann

The Rascalz look very emotional as they make their entrance for the final time in IMPACT Wrestling. As Swann makes his entrance The Rascalz all dance with him. Trey and Dez both copy Rich Swann’s splits, but when Wentz tries it he hurts himself.

Trey and Wentz start the match. Both fist bump before locking up. Both are very evenly matched to start with as they showcase some chain wrestling. Trey and Wentz both Kip Up and throw a Dropkick at each other at the same time before tagging in Dez and Swann. Swann does his front flip landing on his feet to jump over Dez and then Dez does exactly the same to Swann. Wentz gets tagged back in and hits a Bronco Buster on Trey. After the commercials, Dez gets tagged in and hits some Jabs to the gut of Trey. Wentz comes in and Trey manages to hit the Colourful Combination to both Dez and Wentz. Swann gets tagged in who delivers a Superkick to Wentz followed by a Hurricanrana to Dez causing him to land on top of Wentz. Swann and Trey hit a Double Kick to Dez and Swann follow up with a Running Shooting Star to Wentz for a two count. All four men are on their knees in the middle of the ring and start to exchange punches. They then all Superkick each other at the same time and fall to the mat. Swann hits a Frog Splash to Dez but Wentz is able to break it up with another Superkick. Wantz starts shouting at Swann saying “I thought you were meant to be the champion!”. Trey comes off the top rope with a Diving Meteora to Dez and Swann follows up with a kick to the back of the head for the win.

Trey Miguel & Rich Swann defeat Dez & Wentz via Pinfall in 12mins20secs

After the match, all four men are in the ring in tears, very emotional after finishing their final match in IMPACT Wrestling. The Rascalz then get their jackets and hang it on the top rope for their farewell.

The Rascalz then go backstage and embrace. Swann comes to join them and tells them that they had a hell of a match and thanks them for everything. As they are embracing Ken Shamrock and Sami Callihan throw a trashcan at them and beat them all down. Shamrock delivers a knockout punch to Shamrock as IMPACT goes off the air.

Davie’s thoughts: This was a really entertaining exhibition match between these four. It felt like something you would see at an Indie show. It was a real shame that there wasn’t a crowd for this one. I think it would have been nice to have had the IMPACT roster at ringside. The Rascalz are definitely going to leave a big hole at IMPACT and will be missed. I really hope wherever these guys go next that they are used to the best of their ability because I think all three guys are highly talented.

Overall, this was a better show than last week but aside from the main event, lacked good wrestling. Apart from next week’s IMPACT World Title Match, I didn’t feel there was a great deal of story development either. I felt they could have built the show even more around The Rascalz and shown highlights of their career in IMPACT rather than having the Knockouts Tag Match for the Flashback Moment of The Week. I hope after next week’s match between Rich Swann and Shamrock we start building up to Swann vs Moose as I think that is probably the biggest match IMPACT has right now for the title. If you had to choose one thing to watch this week, I would say the main event and closing angle. The rest of the show felt largely missable.

5 Rascalz Jackets Out Of 10

Enjoyable show.