Ivelisse says she's signed to All Elite Wrestling

Originally published at Ivelisse says she's signed to All Elite Wrestling

Ivelisse has been competing on AEW programming dating back to the month of July. She alongside Diamante won the AEW Women’s Tag Team Cup tournament by besting Brandi Rhodes and Allie. Ivelisse also challenged Thunder Rosa for the NWA World Women’s Championship on Dynamite and she last wrestled on the show on 9/23.

Ivelisse recently partook in a virtual meet-and-greet with Pro Wrestling Junkies and she confirmed that she’s signed to All Elite Wrestling. She talked about her journey to get where she is and the emotions she felt upon learning the news that she was joining the company on a full-time basis.

“Well actually since you asked that, I haven’t been able to officially confirm it anywhere yet, but I can confirm to you right now, as I asked if it was okay, but yes I can confirm to you that I’m indeed signed to AEW, and honestly, that moment was very emotional for me, especially because throughout the last couple of years, oh my God, it’s been really tough for me for many different reasons, including number one, the whole thing with Lucha Underground where we were kept in our contracts and all of that, and once that was finally terminated, it took a while to kinda regain that momentum that was lost and a combination of different things and personal issues and things like that. So it was kind of a really dark time, and then also nothing really came from the WWE tryout, so once this AEW opportunity came up, I was really, really happy and once that moment came that I heard the words, I kinda got overwhelmed with emotion, especially because during that same week was when that fire happened for my house, so it was like, I was literally at the end of my rope so I got really emotional. It’s kinda really hard for me to contain it and I’m just incredibly happy. Honestly, I have no words to describe how happy I am. feel valued and also a sense of security as well.”

This week’s episode of AEW Dynamite is being billed as the company’s anniversary show and every championship in the company will be defended on the show.

If the quote from this article is used, please credit Pro Wrestling Junkies with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.