Jake Hager confirms next MMA fight for October

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/07/28/jake-hager-confirms-next-mma-fight-for-october/

Hager’s next MMA fight is taking place in October.

In MMA, Jake Hager has a 3-0-1 record under the Bellator promotion. His most recent fight took place at Bellator 250 in October 2020.

Hager was the focus of a virtual signing hosted by Captain’s Corner and he confirmed his next fight for October. Bellator has an event scheduled for October 29th in Milan, Italy. Hager added that he’s hoping to fight again in December.

Honestly, I feel I’m still coming into my prime even though I just turned 40 years old. I have a fight in October, I’d like to fight again in December so, I think I still have plenty of MMA fights left.

Following up on that, Jake was asked what ‘dream fights’ he wants to have in MMA and he named Ryan Bader and Fedor as two people he’d like to share the octagon with.

I’d like to fight Ryan Bader. I think that’d be a very cool fight for the fans, exhibition of wrestling. I’d like to fight Fedor still. I thought that fight was mine in 2021. We’ll see. He signed an extension for one more so hopefully it’s me. We’re ready for it and then I fight MMA for money so, whatever pays the most amount of money. It’s the new championship — get paid.

At AEW Fight For The Fallen, Hager got involved in the main event between Daniel Garcia and the returning Bryan Danielson. Hager assisted Garcia in picking up the victory.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Captain’s Corner with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.