Jake Lee, TAJIRI & Izanagi to depart All Japan Pro Wrestling

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/12/08/jake-lee-tajiri-izanagi-to-depart-all-japan-pro-wrestling/

All Japan losing three of their talents this month. 

There was a press conference held by All Japan Pro Wrestling today and the at the presser, it was confirmed that Jake Lee, TAJIRI and Izanagi are leaving the company. 

All of their contracts are expiring and they are opting not to re-sign. Izanagi is finishing up on December 21st. Jake Lee and TAJIRI’s last matches are scheduled for December 25th. 

TAJIRI returned to All Japan in 2017. He released the following statement about his departure through the AJPW website:

Upon the expiration of my contract this year, I, TAJIRI, will be leaving All Japan Pro Wrestling, which I have been a part of for many years. I have decided to leave All Japan Pro Wrestling and embark on a new journey. All of life is a process until death. And life is still going to continue. And the world of pro wrestling goes around and around. I am sure we will meet again someday, somewhere. So, everyone, please stay with me for the next two matches of the year. Thank you very much.

Tokyo Sports was present for Jake Lee’s presser about his departure. He was set on working through the 50th Anniversary Show in September. As far as his future goes, Lee said he’s planning to change his nationality from Korean to Japanese.

He does not have an address in Korea ‘for various reasons’ and was unable to get a passport to go overseas because he did not have a family register, which is an official document that records and certifies the identity and family relationships of Japanese citizens on the basis of family law. If all goes according to plan, he’ll have an interview next week and he’ll receive a passport after he secures Japanese citizenship. 

Jake has expressed interest in competing for New Japan Pro-Wrestling. The likes of Hiroshi Tanahashi and Zack Sabre Jr. have talked about how much they like Jake’s work.