Jason Agnew and the Mouth return with Sunday Nights Main Event on Patreon

Recently on one of the Podcasts Wai did mention that Mouth and Jay were doing their thing and wished them well I believe so if anything I just don’t think they want to promote each other when they are kind of in competition. Didn’t Mouth recently do a NJPW recap with Wai too? I say if you enjoy them then $1 a show isnt too bad. Heck I pay a dollar a show for Botchamania to get it a few days early and to support the effort and not have to search around for it etc

3 Likes

So its changed again,half on monday then the 2nd hour 2 days later.Like anyone would pay for a quiz and Meltzer’s old news.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s getting ridiculous now. You can see that it won’t get 500 patrons, I dunno why he’s fucking around with listeners like that.

I’ve been a long time loyal listener of his, but it’s essentially asking to pay for a salary for Mouth and sorry, that’s not my job. Start putting out John & Wai kinda content and maybe then you’ll get me.

So from what i’ve got, the new format for the podcast is that we get the first hour for free but have to pay to get the second hour with meltzer, turnbuckle trivia and the triple threat segment, so technically all the interesting stuff. I get that this is a crowdfunded show and that he doesn’t get a paycheck out of it but it’s kinda a weird choice to give just half the show for free especially since it’s a radio show first and a podcast second. At best, if he wanted to get more subscribers to his show via patreon, he could have done like so many other and just postpone the free version for a day and release it on a tuesday instead of monday and just release a un eidited version on monday mornings for the patreon member.

I get that 1$ isn’t that much but it’S still 1$ u.s which mean that’s is a little bit more then 1$ to get the podcast. I’ve had the same problem with post wrestling when i join the post wrestling cafe earlier this year. I thought it was 6$ but in reality it was 6$ US so they would charge me 7$ instead of 6$ each month which became too much for my budget and had to unsubscribe for the summer.

So sadly, if that’s the new format of the show, as much as i like Jason and Mouth, i rather not listen at all then listen to half a show and have to pay for the other half. So for m, this is the end of a era and i rather get all my wrestling news from John and wai then continue with Jason and Mouth.

Fuckin’ people wanting to get paid for doing a job.

Get fucking paid by the company or offer solid content and I’ll pay. I’m not paying for week old news that everyone else has already discussed. I dont have idiot written on my head.

Cool bro. What other products and services do you not like and feel the need to complain and cry about not deserving your money?

I can complain about whatever I fucking please and if you dont like it, thats too damn bad. Dont read it. I dont read most of your crap on here. Its not my fault if you choose to read mine.

2 Likes

Let’s all play nice!

5 Likes

But you didn’t answer the question. Do you cry about everything you don’t like or just this?

1 Like

I can’t recall any watery substance coming from my eyes today.

A clarification the 1st hour is free the 2nd hour will only be for Patreon

2 Likes

I’ve heard that in order to secure the spot on TSN Radio, Jason offered to do it for no pay. That would lead me to believe he figured the crowdfunding would compensate for it after seeing the success John and Wai had. So far it hasn’t been nearly as successful as Post Wrestling was and to me shows that the majority of the LAW audience were for John and Wai. Perhaps the timing for each launch played a factor as well, but the difference lies with the content. John and Wai offer a lot of various content with John being an elite journalist for both pro wrestling and MMA. Agnew and Mouth are mostly just opinion banter with decent chemistry who has access to Meltzer and a show on terrestrial radio.

4 Likes

Yeah after this latest announcement I’m out. Agnew doesn’t seem to understand just how much competition there is in the market and that show doesn’t offer enough to make it worthwhile

Even when the crew was going strong on the Fight Network, John and Wai were always the highlights. I still listen to old Review-a-Wai episodes. Post and F4W/Observer are the only wrestling sites I’m willing to pay for because I enjoy not only the news, but the people I’m getting it from.

Did anyone catch the last 40 mins,was it just Pervy Meltz and Trivia?

I listened live for the first time in years, only because it was after Summerslam. Meltzer started hour 2 and I turned it off right after. He was going to calls from listeners. I don’t even know if there was trivia yesterday.

The show is fine for free, but I have no desire to spend any money on it. Sure it’s $1 a show, but that’s $48 a year I can spend on something else I’d prefer. I won’t listen to the beginning either, I mostly only care about the second hour. It’s a good excuse to cut a podcast out of the rotation.

Is it common for a podcast to take a portion of their show that’s heard live for free on a radio platform used as content for their paid service? I can live without it, so it certainly doesn’t make me want to pay for it. I understand they are trying to create a way to drive up Patreon subscribers, but so far I don’t see the value. Especially compared to Post Wrestling. And that goes for most other Patreon subscriptions. Maybe I have some bias, but John and Wai are the best bang for your buck and have set the bar for any of my Patreon subscriptions going forward. It really shows the personalities make a difference as well.

The only other show I’ve considered paying more for is Fightful.

I think you are reading WAY too much into the word “Post”.

That’s the standard term for a show that happens after a PPV.

LOL.