Jay Lethal expresses excitement about AEW Full Gear tag match, details history with Jeff Jarrett & Sting

Originally published at Jay Lethal expresses excitement about AEW Full Gear tag match, details history with Jeff Jarrett & Sting

Lethal looking forward to November 19th. 

One year ago this month, Jay Lethal debuted for All Elite Wrestling at their Full Gear pay-per-view. Fast forward to present day and Lethal is going to be in action at Full Gear this coming weekend when he teams with Jeff Jarrett,  AEW’s Director of Business Development to take on Darby Allin and Sting.

Kurt Angle welcomed Jay Lethal onto his podcast and Lethal spoke candidly about how excited he is for the bout. Lethal went over his history with Jeff and Sting and also touched on his interactions with Darby Allin and how much he’s enjoyed those. 

Well, to say I’m excited about being in AEW is an understatement and I’m getting to on-screen work with my best friend in life, Sonjay Dutt. There’s this adage, it doesn’t feel like work. I get to go there and perform with my best friend. How can I call this work? But I can because it’s an amazing job that I have and you know, from the moment I got to AEW, I had known and met a lot of those people throughout the travels and on the road so when I got there, it felt so welcoming and it felt like home because I had known everybody. There was only a few faces that I hadn’t met and now that I’ve met them, we’re friends too. So being a part of AEW is awesome. I’m really excited because the feedback from when I teamed with Jeff .

Earlier in the conversation, Lethal’s time with TNA/IMPACT was dove into. He credited Samoa Joe for getting him signed. 

Lethal had a match against Joe that went longer than it was supposed to. After the bout was over, then-Director of Talent Relations, Terry Taylor, told Jay that Joe gave him too much offense and now he has to sign him. 

I came in and wrestled Samoa Joe , the skills were there and I had the skills to back myself up, but I wouldn’t have had the chance to use those skills if it wasn’t for lucky breaks like that.

On the 11/9 episode of AEW Dynamite, Lethal picked up a win over Trent Beretta. To get a recap of last week’s Dynamite, check out POST Wrestling’s Rewind-A-Dynamite podcast

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Kurt Angle Show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.