Jeff Hardy vs. Elias added to WWE Hell In A Cell

Originally published at Jeff Hardy vs. Elias added to WWE Hell In A Cell

Jeff Hardy appeared on the 10/19 episode of RAW Talk on the WWE Network to accept Elias’ challenge for a match a Hell In A Cell this Sunday.

Elias issued the challenge after Jeff Hardy interrupted his music performance on RAW. As Elias was preparing to play his second set, one of the guitarists revealed himself to be Jeff Hardy who swung a guitar at Elias. The storyline between Elias and Hardy picked up again on last week’s RAW when Elias returned from a torn pectoral muscle and hit Hardy over the back with a guitar.

Elias had been out of action since the Summer and was written off of TV by way of a storyline that involved Jeff Hardy allegedly crashing into Elias while “driving under the influence”.

.@JEFFHARDYBRAND won't get fooled again by @IAmEliasWWE on #WWERaw!

Now THAT…is the #UniversalTruth! pic.twitter.com/yL3p1RXxtc

— WWE (@WWE) October 20, 2020

With the addition of Hardy versus Elias, here’s the updated lineup for the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view:

• WWE Universal Championship — Hell In A Cell ‘I Quit’ Match: Roman Reigns (c) (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Jey Uso
  • WWE Championship — Hell In A Cell Match: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton
  • SmackDown Women’s Championship — Hell In A Cell Match: Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks
  • Elias vs. Jeff Hardy

There’s a lot of matches I will not watch on this PPV, Jeff and Elias is one of them.

Yesssss I know we’ve all been waiting for this one. May have to completely forget about social distancing rules and invite everybody I know over to take in this spectacle. Even if many of us die or become very ill, it will be worth it.

1 Like

I really don’t understand why WWE persist with this and the Extreme Rules concepts. Putting aside the Hell in a Cell long ago became a stadium that needs a match rather than a match that needs a stadium card they are a PG product so all their “hardcore” matches are just shit as they won’t allow blood.

1 Like

Because the matches themselves are usually fun. Even if the feuds don’t warrant a stipulation the wrestlers usually still work their asses off to make it worth it.

1 Like

Disagree. It shows a lack of imaginative booking and devalues stipulation matches as they are made to be pointless.

1 Like

That’s what Braden and Davie said on their Best Match show. I agree. Hell in a cell should be a special match at the end of a feud. Not a PPV forcing wrestlers to have this as a stipulation every October.

1 Like

It is booking 101. Anyone with an ounce of understanding of booking pro-wrestling should understand this. But I guess we are talking about “sports entertainment” these days.

The feud should be the reason for the stipulation. Not the other way around. You use cage matches ( or any variation of a cage) when there’s outside interference, or the heel keeps running away. It makes sense to lock two people ( or teams) together then. That builds up the danger of the match. “I’m willing to do damage to myself just to get my revenge”.
When you book around the stipulation, you devalue the match. But, who’s kidding who, it can’t get any more devalued than the Fiend/Rollins match

1 Like