Jim Ross demoted ?

Anyone know if he’s been demoted? It seems that is no longer on Dynamite but is actually in the building because he comes out for Rampage.

Personally, I am loving this. Jim Ross was probably the one part of AEW that I consistently hated. I think hes completely out of touch and not knowledgable about the current wrestlers etc. He makes a lot of mistakes, and a lot of time just doesn’t seem engaged in the product. Like he seems like he’s just going through the motions.Him also publicly trashing some of their booking and the company probably didn’t help things.

I’m just curious if anyone has heard anything official about this, and what your thoughts are on the situation personally. I think their current announce team is much better

1 Like

I dont think they are looking at it as a demotion and more as just trying to bump up Rampage.

1 Like

Jim Ross isnt a draw though

I agree, but just because we think he isnt, doesnt mean people backstage agree.

1 Like

I’m just happy Taz is on Dynamite, he makes the show better.

Wouldn’t it make more sense in that scenario to put him on both ?

It could be seen as a demotion or a readjustment for Jim Ross’ sake, who publicly spoke out against the long PPVs. Either way, Dynamite’s announce team is considerably better now with Tazcalibur calling things with Schiavone and occasionally Regal.

2 Likes

It feels like they dont want him to call all 3 hours.

It’s interesting with ex-WWE talent. You can see it with CM punk even though he actually hates the company, and Jim Ross even o though I don’t think he hates the company but obviously has some negative feelings given they fired him a million times.

What you see is that they tend to view what they did even if they dislike it now as the big time, and believe that their opinions should be taken more seriously. When they are in this new upstart company they feel like they’re a big fish in a small pond, and when their opinions are perhaps not respected they publicly air their grievances.

I think in their mind they think that they made it in WWE so these people in a lesser a smaller company should listen to them and bow down in some respects, even though they claim the reason they’re here is they don’t like WWE as much.

I mean Jim has publicly said that he thinks Randy Orton is the greatest wrestler and not Kenny Omega when he won all of those awards, complaining about the paper-view length etc. all seems like things he probably brought up in some capacity to others and wasn’t listened to. In general what sounds like annoyance with AEW stuff almost directly I believe stems from him believing his past experience is not being honoured when he says he things.

CM punk literally alluded to the same thing saying that the Elite made it nowhere in the world, which one can only assume he means WWE. Which is ironic when you consider what his opinion of WWE is. In reality, he should actually think it’s a good thing that they were smart enough not to go there if he thinks it sucks so bad.

Contrasted with someone like Jericho who doesn’t really say bad things about WWE or hate it but isn’t out there saying these guys don’t listen to me and I know what to do because I made it there.

So I think it’s just an attitude thing with some of these guys.

I think some WWE to AEW guys think they’re going to “better WWE,” but then when they get there, they realize that they miss some WWE things (corporate structure, how flights are booked, how you get reimbursed for things, ”the boys” not being execs, whatever, I’m just speculating). And when you’re trying to make money, sometimes those things are more important than getting to cut your own promos or use a piledriver. Don’t know what ya got ‘til it’s gone, as they say.

I know pro wrestling is a unique business, but I think, regardless of your line of work, there are some perks to being in the largest and most successful company in the history of your industry.

Not sure if this applies to Punk, JR, both or neither, but I do think it is and will continue to be a factor for some m while AEW is still building on the “off camera” side of things.

Oh for sure. That why people asking if Roman is leaving WWE or Becky need to stop and think for a second lol. I’m sure they can live with the limitations on promos and not being allowed to bleed lol. They aren’t going to be able to replicate their fame, pay level and perks in a smaller company

Jim Ross can do less damage in a one-hour show than he can ion a two-hour show.

1 Like