Jim Ross signs contract extension with All Elite Wrestling

Originally published at Jim Ross signs contract extension with All Elite Wrestling

Jim Ross and AEW reach a new agreement.

Since the start of All Elite Wrestling, Jim Ross has been the lead announcer for the weekly Dynamite program. Ross shared on the most recent edition of his Grilling JR podcast on AdFreeShows that he’ll be in his position with AEW for the foreseeable future as he signed an extension with the company.

He stated that he signed the deal ‘not too long ago’ and he appreciates the vote of confidence from Tony Khan. The following transcription is by way of 411MANIA’s Blake Lovell:

I don’t think we’ve made this announcement, but I signed an extension with AEW not too long ago. I appreciate Tony Khan’s confidence and his willingness to keep me on the team and contribute. We’re not going a long time, but I think I signed for about a year-and-a-half or something like that to stay in the position I’m in. I’m just really pleased that at 70, I still have a future, and at 70, I’m still loving what I do.

Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline added that Ross’ deal is for 18 months.

In April, J.R. revealed that the title of his next book is ‘JR 50′. He’ll be writing about 50 marquee moments that he’s been a part of in wrestling and 2024 is the planned release year, which is going to be Ross’ 50th year in the business.