Jim Ross Talks Undertaker vs Cena and WrestleMania Dream Match

Hey everbody,

Yesterday, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross was a guest on Beyond The Game, which airs on Vibe 105.5FM in Toronto.

During the interview, Jim mentioned that he would make Undertaker vs John Cena the main event of WrestleMania 34 because it’s a match we’ll likely never see again and for their contributions to WWE. JR also said that his WrestleMania dream match would be AJ Styles vs Kazuchika Okada.

-Do you think Undertaker and Cena should main event WrestleMania 34?
-Do you think a WrestleMania match between AJ Styles and Okada would work with WWE’s style?

No - it was announced and therefore can’t headline in that proper way. Maybe with a different build yes.

No - I’m cautiously optimistic re: AJ and Nakamura. I reserve the right to change opinion about Okada AJ working in WWE after I see AJ and Nakamura

1 Like

Taker/Cena might be a rough or even bad match. I wouldn’t have it headline.

1 Like

I like it as a non-main event. The way it has been built gives Cena and the Undertaker to “make the moment.” I trust that the Undertaker is going to be in kick-ass shape and that he and Cena will tell a great story. I hope Cena doesn’t botch it up. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If anything they will make it a skit like they did with the Rock at Mania a couple years ago before the main event.

1 Like

No, it will be Roman against Brock for the Universal title without a doubt after this past week of television. Like @MJfromNJ mentioned in his response, Cena and Taker could have a slim chance at being the main event of WrestleMania if the build to the match was able to outshine the two world title matches.

I think AJ and Nakamura will be the show stealer tomorrow night at WrestleMania. I’ve only been paying attention to and watching NJPW since shortly after the launch of POST, so I’m not sure about the mixing of Okada into the WWE machine.

3 Likes

I agree. Really looking forward to AJ vs Nakamura.

If you guys would like to check out full interview with JR, I included a link below.

1 Like

Great job! I also listened to the interview you did with Ken Shamrock. Keep it up man :+1:

1 Like