Jimmy Uso arrested for DUI

Originally published at Jimmy Uso arrested for DUI

WWE’s Jimmy Uso was detained after driving under the influence in Florida.

TMZ Sports first shared the news of Jimmy Uso’s arrest. He was driving in Florida with a BAC of .205. The limit in Florida in .08%. According to police documents, Jimmy Uso, real name Jonathan Fatu was pulled over around 10 PM in the Pensacola area. He ran a red light and was clocked in at doing 50 MPH in a 35 MPH zone.

After smelling the alcohol, police asked Fatu to exit his vehicle. The police on the scene claimed that when Jonathan got out of his car, he was swaying and he admitted that he drank multiple beers before driving. Fatu then went on to fail the sobriety tests so they took him in.

He was booked on a misdemeanor DUI charge and as of this writing, he’s still detained. He has a bond of $500. He was arrested in 2019 for driving under the influence.

Jonathan Fatu returned to WWE programming after rehabbing his torn ACL. He joined Jey Uso and Universal Champion Roman Reigns in their storyline and after Jey became irritated with Jimmy and Roman’s back and forth, he stepped away and Jimmy filled the position that Jey once held.

Jimmy was last featured on WWE programming on the latest episode of SmackDown. He was in the final segment of the show with Edge.

What a fucking moron. He deserves to get fired now.

1 Like

Fired?! How bout they get this guy some real help. I don’t know what is more sad, that he keeps doing this or that his employer has no will to help him. He’s never going to get help and understand consequences if he just gets put in prime positions in a company that probably doesn’t care what happens to the guy off their watch.

8 Likes

This is just sad to see, I believe this is his second DUI. I really thought he would have learned his lesson from the first one. I dont want them to fire him, but I feel that at two DUI’s and you have to think there have been more where he wasn’t caught) warrants a trip to rehab.

Talk about horrible timing on his part.

2 Likes

I don’t ever want to see him on my TV again because I have zero tolerance for drunk driving and this is the second time… he’s gonna kill someone!

That being said, the man needs help and I hope WWE forces him to get that help before it’s too late.

2 Likes

I dont think both of those can happen. If WWE gets him help, he’s not getting fired. If he’s never going to be on your TV again, they arent going to get him help.

DUI’s are a tricky and very polarizing issue, nothing WWE does in this situation we appease everyone. On one hand, alcoholism is a disease and a DUI is a part of that. On the other hand, driving while drunk is a decision that is made. You can easily argue that if a person is planning on drinking, they need to not bring their car, especially when you are someone making 6 figures who can easily afford to pay for a ride home.

Personally, I hope they give him an ultimatum. Go to rehab, or you’re fired. But even if he’s fired, a competitor will just sign him anyways, so he wont learn. We’ve seen it time after time after time with guys like Angle and Hardy.

1 Like

Those feel like a long time ago and different climate. At this point, we’ve seen people be blackballed from the industry for misconduct; I do think being made an example out of is necessary as the DUI is a poor reflection on both the performer and company employing him. Once, bad, twice, embarrassingly bad and these promotions do not like being embarrassed in front of their Corporate partners.

I think it’s apples apples and oranges though. Misconduct in the form of sexual assault is not the same thing as someone with a disease having a relapse.

Regardless though, I do agree he needs to be either sent to rehab or fired. Like what they did with Eddie back in the day.

1 Like

Jonathan Fatu was arrested on September 29, 2011 in Hillsborough County, Florida and charged with DUI, a charge of which he was convicted and sentenced to probation. In 2013, Fatu was arrested for violating his probation by driving with a suspended license.[95]

Joshua Fatu [Jey Uso] was arrested in January 2018 for DWI in Hidalgo County, Texas after performing at a WWE live event held at Hidalgo’s Payne Arena. He was released the same day after posting a $500 personal recognizance bond.[96]

On February 14, 2019, Jonathan Fatu was arrested in Detroit, Michigan following a dispute with police officers when he, Joshua, and Trinity Fatu’s Dodge Journey rental vehicle was pulled over when driving the wrong way on a one-way street. Police claim that when they approached the vehicle, they could smell alcohol from the inside. Officers then requested Trinity, the driver, to exit the SUV so that they could speak with her. Officers then claimed that Jonathan Fatu, Trinity’s spouse, exited the vehicle while officers were speaking to Trinity and removed his shirt, then proceeded to walk towards the officers, prompting one of the officers to pull out his taser. The situation was quickly calmed down, however, and Fatu was placed under arrest and charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction of justice.[97] In March 2019, it was revealed that Fatu’s attorney struck a plea deal with prosecutors, and as per the condition of the agreement, Fatu pleaded no contest to interfering with a government employee and he was ordered to pay a $450 fine.[98]

In the early morning hours of July 25, 2019, Jonathan Fatu was again arrested, this time near Pensacola, Florida, and was charged with DUI. He was taken into custody and booked into the Escambia County corrections center at approximately 3:00 A.M. EST.[99] Fatu was later released from custody on $1,000 bond and was due to appear in court on August 15.[100] Fatu was found not guilty by an Escambia county jury on the DUI charge after a trial that concluded on December 18, 2019.[101]

1 Like

I didn’t want to correct the above that this is more than the 2nd time because I didn’t have the exact details and unsure how many he’s been convicted of to be honest, but at this point how does he keep a Drivers License?

1 Like

After last Friday’s Smackdown ended Jimmy getting beat up by Edge when he thought Roman was going to show up and didn’t, they’re going to tie this DUI into that story, aren’t they? Terrible all around.

Remember when Cena joked about the Usos getting DUIs? That sums up the company’s attitude

1 Like

Honestly this would be the sort of worked-shoot storyline that could be totally awesome if handled properly and respectfully. Could send a powerful message to fans (and Jimmy himself) while providing a storyline reason for an extended absence while he gets some help. And it all could kind of make sense given the parameters of the story already being told.

Could you imagine Roman just going in on Jimmy? “How do you put food on the table for your family when you can’t even drive to work because they suspended your license? How do you spend time with your children when you are in jail for a vehicular manslaughter charge? What about all the other families you endangered? Get the hell out of my sight… bitch.”

And then we don’t see Jimmy for a year or more. That could be some awesome storytelling and hopefully a real lesson for the viewers about a serious subject that carries real consequences.

Of course WWE won’t do that either way, but it’s neat to imagine. More likely they will give Jimmy a Stone Cold Steve Austin beer bath and have Dolph Ziggler make a mockery of his rehab meetings.

1 Like

I think this is correct. The company doesn’t really seem to think the DUI is a big issue. They openly joke about it and a lot of the people that worked there, including people like Jim Ross have a history of DUI and it was never brought up as being anything significant.

Also, there’s lots of stories of wrestlers openly drinking while driving so I think it’s just part of the culture and the WWE is run by people from that era so it will probably be left unmentioned and swept under the rug

3 Likes

This is his 5th time?

I’d be a bit surprised if the wwe doesn’t do something meaningful (sending him to rehab or cutting him).

Earlier I said 2nd, but I think it’s his third. His brother had one as well.

1 Like

Four between them

Not sure how I had five in my head

Actually I think it was two, not three. A lot of people are considering his stop in 2019 a DUI, however he was a passenger in the car and Naomi was driving. With that said, he still tried to fight a cop and appeared under the influence, but he wasn’t driving. So it’s two DUIs, and one alcohol related incident as a passenger.

It’s still bad, but I wanted to clarify.

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s up to his employer to help him

3 Likes

Well, they have a program designed for literally helping talent. I don’t know whether or not the argument is they shouldn’t, but considering they have the actual program, how bout step in and implement it.

1 Like