Joe Doering informs IMPACT Wrestling that his cancer has returned

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/08/30/joe-doering-informs-impact-wrestling-that-his-cancer-has-returned/

Joe Doering stepping away from in-ring action.

IMPACT Wrestling issued a memo that Violent By Design’s Joe Doering is stepping away from active in-ring competition. Six years ago, Doering battled brain cancer and at the recent IMPACT tapings in Texas, Doering informed the company that his cancer has returned.

He is scheduled to undergo surgery in the coming weeks. Both Doering and IMPACT Executive Vice President Scott D’Amore gave the following comments on the matter:

Doering: They told me in 2016 that I would never wrestle again, and I proved them wrong. Guess I’m going to have to do it again. I try to not get too sad or emotional about it. Staying positive really helped me the first time, and that’s what I’ll do again.

Please keep me in your thoughts and spirits. I hope to get back in the ring again very soon. To the IMPACT Wrestling locker room: you are family to me and I look forward to seeing you again very, very soon.

D’Amore: I know our fans and the wider wrestling community will join everyone at IMPACT in keeping Joe and his wife Lindsay in their thoughts and prayers. Joe loves pro wrestling and we all look forward to him returning to action when he’s ready.

IMPACT Wrestling star @bigjoedoering is stepping away from competition to take care of his health. Join us in wishing him a speedy recovery.

More: https://t.co/7BZAgitESq pic.twitter.com/y7VE7NPbOS

— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) August 30, 2022

After a successful radiation treatment in 2016, Joe was back in the ring. He was told by his doctors that the cancer could return.

Throughout Doering’s time in IMPACT, he held the World Tag Team Titles on two separate occasions. He was set to return to All Japan Pro Wrestling next month.

That sucks, I used to train with Joe (for a very short period of time) and he was nothing but nice to me. I hope he has a quick recovery.

1 Like