Joey Janela unable to compete at GCW events on 4/21 & 4/22

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/04/20/joey-janela-unable-to-compete-at-gcw-events-on-4-21-4-22/

GCW’s next events are on April 21st and 22nd. 

This weekend, Game Changer Wrestling are running events in Atlanta, Georgia and Orlando, Florida. Friday’s show is titled ‘Into The Light’ and Saturday’s event is ‘Scene of the Crime’. 

Both shows were going to feature Joey Janela in action but due to arm burn, Janela is not able to compete. He wrote the following on his Twitter: 

Hey guys unfortunately I’m not gonna be able to Wrestle at @GCWrestling_ this weekend. The burn on my arm is only getting worse, since it’s on a joint the flexibility on my left arm is severely limited. I will be going to a hospital later. I will still be in ATL & Orlando please support me at my merchandise table!

Hey guys unfortunately I’m not gonna be able to Wrestle at @GCWrestling_ this weekend. The burn on my arm is only getting worse, since it’s on a joint the flexibility on my left arm is severely limited. I will be going to a hospital later. I will still be in ATL & Orlando please…

— “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) April 20, 2023

On 4/21, he was scheduled to take on Bryan Keith and the following day, he was going to defend the GCW Extreme Championship against Komander.

I had to look through Janela’s Twitter to learn how/why his arm was burned.

He was working in DDT (as he has been pretty regularly it seems) and had a match with Atsushi Onita that involved explosions.

2 Likes

I’m at this Atlanta show right now. Hope some of you are tuned in for the main event…

Cool. I have a few shows to catch up on.