John Cena on if he'd work for another wrestling company: "I can with certainty say no"

Originally published at John Cena says he's certain he won't work for another wrestling company

John Cena has the ‘never say never’ mindset but he’s certain he’ll only wrestle for WWE.

John Cena wrapped up his most recent on-screen run with WWE at their 2021 SummerSlam event in Las Vegas. He challenged Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship and after the match, Cena took several F5’s from the returning Brock Lesnar.

Cena was present at WWE’s Madison Square Garden show and he competed in a dark match. The 16-time world champion was also present at Florida Supercon recently (Footage courtesy of Jim Varsallone) where he was the focus of a Q&A session. He was asked if he would ever wrestle for another company and Cena said while he does have the ‘never say never’ mindset, he’s certain that-that won’t happen.

There’s a whole like ‘never say never’ philosophy and I’m also that way in life because you never know what life will bring you. But, I can with certainty say no.

He reflected on the ECW One Night Stand 2006 event where he dropped the WWE Championship to Rob Van Dam. Cena looks back fondly on that night and described it as beautiful and one that he’ll forever cherish.

Four hours before the event and it was beautiful. It was beautiful. It honestly was and I wouldn’t have it no other way. That’s a night that I cherish. It was fantastic.

Cena made his return to WWE at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view which was to kick off his program with Roman Reigns.

Reigns is scheduled to defend the Universal Title against ‘Demon King’ Finn Balor at the upcoming Extreme Rules pay-per-view.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Jim Varsallone for the video and provide an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.