Originally published at John Cena set for eight SmackDown appearances
John Cena will be a regular presence on Friday Night SmackDown for the next months as WWE has revealed his schedule.
The 46-year-old returns to SmackDown beginning this Friday at the GIANT Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He is also set to wrestle at the company’s event in India the following where it’s been reported that he will team with Seth Rollins against Imperium’s Ludwig Kaiser & Giovanni Vinci.
WWE has released his schedule and Cena will not be ending his appearances with the card in India. After the September 8 event, Cena is scheduled for seven consecutive weeks on Friday Night SmackDown beginning on September 15 and appearing through the October 27 program.
From the press release:
Throughout his SmackDown return, Cena in partnership with Make-A-Wish will host children and their families in each of the eight cities to experience a WWE event in-person. For 40 years, WWE and Make-A-Wish have granted the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses who desire to meet their favorite WWE Superstars. Cena is the most requested wish granter of all time, having granted more than 650 wishes for children across the globe.
His listed appearances do not include this Saturday’s Payback event or the Fast Lane card on October 7 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Cena last wrestled at WrestleMania 39 this past April where he was pinned by Austin Theory. His last substantial run occurred in 2021 when WWE returned to touring that summer.
Below are the episodes of Friday Night SmackDown that Cena is being advertised on:
- Friday, September 1 – Hershey, Pa. – The Giant Center
- Friday, September 15 – Denver – Ball Arena
- Friday, September 22 – Glendale, Ariz. – Desert Diamond Arena
- Friday, September 29 – Sacramento, Calif. – Golden 1 Center
- Friday, October 6 – St. Louis – Enterprise Center
- Friday, October 13 – Tulsa, Okla. – BOK Center
- Friday, October 20 – San Antonio – AT&T Center
- Friday, October 27 – Milwaukee – Fiserv Forum