John or Wai still doing BJJ?

Are John or Wai Still training BJJ? I just started after wanting to for a long time, I believe the original reason I wanted to try it was from listening to you guys talk about it on the podcast. A Jiu jitsu podcast might be fun!

I don’t think so :slightly_frowning_face:

But I’d also like a training update.

Congrats on starting jiu-jitsu!

Unfortunately not right now. Though I’d still like to drop in from time to time. BJJ is one of those things that kinda requires consistency, though. If you don’t go for a long time, going back always sucks. But once you’re in a groove, it’s the fucking best, most rewarding thing you can do. I completely recommend it. Rich is way better at motivating than me, though.

3 Likes

If you want to get back into it whether its just to roll once a week you should try Salvosa BJJ/MMA (Kennedy & Progress). I know you guys were training downtown but this is a good location in Scarborough.

@wai0937 When will you defend your Grapple Kingdom Championship? Or does WWEVacant get to claim a new Title?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s been one of the most fun hobby’s I’ve everp icked up and I have you guys to thank for planting the seed in my head. Thank you and thanks for the years of entertainment!

2 Likes

I started training a few months ago, it’s a lot of fun. I was sparring with my instructor the other day, he’s 5’7" tall and about 160 lbs, I’m 5’11" and about 250, and he toyed with me like a cat playing with a crippled mouse. It’s very humbling to be murdered by someone much smaller than you.

2 Likes