Johnny Gargano to 'tell everything' on 12/7 WWE NXT 2.0

Originally published at Johnny Gargano to 'tell everything' on 12/7 WWE NXT 2.0

Gargano to ‘tell everything’ on the 12/7 NXT 2.0.

The team of Johnny Gargano, NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa, L.A. Knight and Pete Dunne lost to Bron Breakker, North American Champion Carmelo Hayes, Tony D’Angelo and Grayson Waller in WarGames.

After the match, Gargano spoke to the crowd in attendance and stated that he’ll be appearing on the 12/7 episode of NXT 2.0 to ‘tell everything’. Fightful Select reported that Gargano signed a short-term extension with WWE and his contract expires on December 10th.

Candice is gonna be really mad that I just ruined the undefeated streak in our WarGames record in our house so that’s — I’m in trouble when I get home, trust me guys. You guys are saying ‘thank you’ to me but really, I wanna say thank you to all of you, and without all of you, there wouldn’t be a Johnny Wrestling and that’s true. You guys know I love you right back. But with that love, I am an open book for you guys and I’m always 100 percent honest and 100 percent authentic with you because I feel like you guys aren’t just fans. We’ve known each other for such a long time, you guys are like my family, this is like my family, and right now, I’m beat up, I’m sore, I’m tired, I got a lot on my mind but I will tell you guys everything and I will tell you guys everything this Tuesday night, okay? I’m gonna come right back here Tuesday night and I’m gonna tell you guys everything, okay?

Wow. Big @JohnnyGargano promo after #NXTWarGames went off the air. Say it ain’t so Johnny… pic.twitter.com/aL5JS3SNsb

— Sam Roberts (@notsam) December 6, 2021

Hell of a run..

Thank you all. ❤️#JohnnyTakeOver pic.twitter.com/VowS6CEHSg

— Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano) December 6, 2021

The 34 year old Gargano signed with WWE in 2016. He is the NXT brand’s first Triple Crown Champion having won the NXT, North American and Tag Team Championships.

The last time Gargano competed outside of the WWE banner was in 2019 when he worked several EVOLVE events.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit and link back to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

Curious if they would allow him to show up and say “I’m going to AEW - where the little guys play!” lol. Sort of telegraphs either he is taking a break and is undecided or not going anywhere or staying in WWE

It telegraphs all possible outcomes? :woozy_face:

1 Like

Ha ha. Fair enough

I mean I guess it telegraphs you shouldn’t expect to see him in AEW anytime soon. I would figure if he was planning on going to AEW in two weeks they aren’t gonna have him talk on the show about it.

1 Like

Based on the accounts I saw chirping about this (3rd party WWE representatives) I think it’s pretty obvious he is doing whatever he does next on very good terms. I left feedback for upNXT. I hope it is taking time off and coming back after time away and he can be missed/yearned for. Right now I lean toward that being WWE after Baby Wrestling is born, however if he doesn’t actually sign anything which I think is what he’ll say tomorrow, maybe a few months from now and time away will turn the tide for the demand of Johnny All Elite Wrestling.

The issue of a newborn does raise an interesting question: does the NXT 2.0 rebrand and the effective kiboshing of main roster house shows actually put WWE back on even ground with AEW in the eyes of wrestlers for whom family commitments are a main concern? Leaving aside the issue of creative/professional fulfillment, if RAW/Smackdown talents are going to be asked less and less to work house shows, and NXT is no longer a touring property, does a lighter work schedule make those entities more palatable than they were pre-COVID to those who want to spend time with family?

1 Like

I thought NXT pay was crap though. I figure AEW main roster pays more

1 Like