Jon Jones enters into plea agreement, pleads guilty to DWI

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/03/31/jon-jones-enters-into-plea-agreement-pleads-guilty-to-dwi/

UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones has agreed to plead guilty for driving while intoxicated and in turn, will see the other three charges he faced be dropped.

The plea agreement for Jones outlines that the fighter will spend four days under a house arrest type of program along with the completion of 48 hours of community service, pay a fine of $500, and take part in a 90-day outpatient treatment program.

Some other parameters are in place according to Marc Raimondi’s reporting at ESPN including Jones agreeing to be placed on supervised probation for one year and have an interlock ignition in use for any vehicle he drives so he must pass a breathalyzer test to drive.

Early last Thursday, Jones was arrested in Albuquerque and faced charges of DWI, negligent use of a weapon, possessions of an open container, and no proof of insurance when asked by officers. The latter three charges will be dropped as part of the agreement and are subject to approval by a judge.

ESPN’s Ariel Helwani posted the following statement issued by Jones:

While we all work to understand and cope with stress and uncertainties surrounding the current state of our world, I want to express how truly disappointed I am that I have become the source of a negative headline again, especially during these trying times. I am disappointed for letting down the people I care about the most, my family, friends, and my fans. This morning I entered in a plea deal with the Albuquerque DA’s office. I accept full responsibility for my actions and I know that I have some personal work to do which involved the unhealthy relationship I have with alcohol. I have dedicated so much time and energy to improve my community and I will not allow this personal setback to hinder my work within the community when we need it most. I truly appreciate the support I have received from the community of Albuquerque and all my fans around the world. I very much look forward to putting this behind me. Thanks you all for your continued love and support and please take care of yourselves.

House Arrest so he gets to do what we are all doing!

1 Like

Laughable.

Well, actually infuriating, but my initial reaction was to smirk.

There is the law and then there is another law for rich people. Imagine a normal black guy in his position.

1 Like

When Jon Jones fights the Law, Jon Jones wins.

1 Like

Teflon Jon…nice to see the only colour mattering is green.