Jon Moxley Challenging Chris Jericho For AEW World Title At 'Revolution'

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/22/jon-moxley-challenging-chris-jericho-for-aew-world-title-at-revolution/

The first match for AEW’s Revolution pay-per-view has been made official as it will be Jon Moxley challenging Chris Jericho for the AEW World Championship. Moxley earned that opportunity by defeating Sammy Guevara on last week’s show and besting PAC on the Jericho Cruise edition of Dynamite.

Thank you for watching tonight’s #AEWDynamite tonight and a GIANT thank you to the #AEW production team & the team from @tntdrama !! pic.twitter.com/fPHTePLm1t

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) January 23, 2020

Jericho offered Moxley a spot in The Inner Circle along with other incentives and Moxley waited until he and Jericho were face-to-face to give him an answer. Moxley pretended as if he was going to join the group, but waited until Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager left the ring to take out Jericho and stake his claim to the AEW World Title. Moxley is set to appear on next week’s Dynamite in Cleveland, Ohio to speak about his forthcoming opportunity.

AEW’s ‘Revolution’ pay-per-view is taking place on February 29th in Chicago, Illinois and joining Jericho and Moxley on the card could be Cody vs. MJF. Before that match is made official, Cody can not touch MJF until the pay-per-view, he has to take ten lashings from MJF live on Dynamite and defeat Wardlow on February 19th inside a Steel Cage.

1 Like

Will be here live for this - Sears Center will be buzzing for sure.

Gotta say, I really want Jericho to retain but feel they are going in the direction of Moxley.

I would also fully welcome shenanigans to end the night - a debuting wrestler or new member to the inner circle screwing Moxley? pushing out that Moxley title win a bit longer could be the best direction to go and make the moment much better…But I also never want le champion to lose…so I’m biased.

Lots of directions you can go with and looking forward to the show - these quarterly ppvs are a nice change of pace from WWE’s monthly model