Jonathan Coachman cited in lawsuit filed by former ESPN employee, Coachman and WWE issue statements

Sounds like 2 things can be true at once (which is usually how most things work).

It sounds like Coach (And many of the men at The Mothership) we’re known to be habitual line-steppers when it came to their female co-workers. That’s not shocking at all (and frankly that kind of stuff has been going on at ESPN for decades).

But does the fact that Coach was/is a bit of a creeper mean that he damaged this woman to such a degree that he deserves punishment? I don’t think so. It sounds like Coach shot his shot, got rejected, & then withdrew his offer of mentorship. That’s petty, but not a punishable offense, IMO.

I also don’t know how credible this woman is seeing as how part of her story has already been debunked by Jemele Hill. She probably WAS harassed during her time at ESPN, but this particular case sounds like a cash grab (which honestly I don’t really fault her for). The rules are changing (for the better), and I think most industries -even the wrasslin’ bidness- are playing catch-up.

:100:

3 Likes