Jonathan Gresham explains his loyalty to ROH, wonders if talents will be contracted again

Originally published at Jonathan Gresham explains his loyalty to ROH, wonders if talents will be contracted again

Jonathan Gresham ponders his future in Ring of Honor.

Since Ring of Honor began their hiatus after Final Battle 2021, co-ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham has been making the rounds on the independent scene in various promotions where he is defending the ROH World Title. Gresham has also defended the title and represented Ring of Honor in IMPACT Wrestling.

This coming April, an Undisputed ROH World Champion is going to be crowned when the company’s respective world champions Gresham and Bandido go one-on-one. Gresham talked to ‘Metro’ about the future of ROH and he explained his loyalty to the company.

Gresham added that he’ll have to wait until April to find out if Ring of Honor plans on signing talents again. Gresham added that at the end of the day, if talents are not being contracted, he’ll have to move on.

I have to wait until April to find out what Ring of Honor is going to do going forward. Are we going to be contracted to salaries again? Or is it gonna be pay-per-appearance? I have a loyalty to Ring of Honor because it changed my life. I was going in a very bad direction for so many years, and me having tunnel vision on Ring of Honor saved my life. I don’t know where I would be if it wasn’t for Ring of Honor. So, if it could do that for me, I can only imagine that Ring of Honor can do that for others around the world – and also give the boys another place to make a living. So I definitely wanna wait see what Ring of Honor does, but at the end of the day, I have to be honest and have to move on if they’re not gonna be willing to contract talent.

Thus far in IMPACT, Gresham has defeated Chris Sabin and Steve Maclin to retain the ROH World Title. He’s on a pay-per-appearance deal and there is an agreement in place that will see him come in for more dates, but with Supercard of Honor coming up, the future is unclear.

Right now, it’s a pay-per-appearance and they contact me when I’m needed. We do have an agreement that I’m coming in for a few dates but the future is unclear with April coming up.

Tonight at TERMINUS 2, Gresham is going to be putting the ROH World Title on the line against Santana. POST Wrestling will have a TERMINUS recap article on the site when the show concludes.