Jordynne Grace recounts interaction with CM Punk at IMPACT Wrestling taping, excited to face Trinity Fatu

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/05/02/jordynne-grace-recounts-interaction-with-cm-punk-at-impact-wrestling-taping-excited-to-face-trinity-fatu/

Grace also speaks about her future as it relates to IMPACT.

Over the weekend, IMPACT Wrestling held television tapings at Cicero Stadium in Cicero, Illinois. One of the visitors at the tapings was two-time AEW World Champion CM Punk. 

IMPACT’s Jordynne Grace shared the photo she and Punk took together and recounted their interaction as she was doing a virtual signing for K & S WrestleFest. She said it took her a while to approach Punk and ask him for a picture. She added that Punk complimented her muscles. 

We (myself & CM Punk) didn’t hang out at all. It took me like half-an-hour just to muster up, what is it called? The courage to ask him to take a photo so we didn’t really have a conversation. He just said that I’m bigger than him, I have bigger arms than him and I was like, ‘Thank you sir.’

Making her IMPACT Wrestling debut at the tapings was two-time SmackDown Women’s Champion Trinity Fatu f.k.a. Naomi. Fatu had her first match since May 2022 when she and Mercedes Moné walked out of WWE. Jordynne Grace has high hopes for the match she could have with Trinity. 

Trinity (Fatu), of course. I have high hopes for that match as well (Grace smiled).

When it comes to Jordynne’s future, she is interested in becoming an agent or writer once her in-ring career comes to an end. She added that she’s happy in IMPACT and can see herself finishing her career out there. 

I’d like to retire from in-ring action before I get seriously injured, so, I don’t know when that’s gonna be (she smiled). I guess no one can foresee that but, eventually I’d like to be a writer or an agent or something. There’s not a lot of female agents or writers.

I could see that (finishing my career in IMPACT). I’m perfectly fine with where I am. I’m happy, so…

Coming up on May 26th, Grace is getting a shot at Deonna Purrazzo’s Knockouts World Championship at Under Siege. Grace said if she loses, she can no longer challenge for the title as long as Purrazzo is champion. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit K & S WrestleFest with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.