Jorge Masvidal says people can 'most definitely' expect to see him back in AEW

Originally published at Jorge Masvidal says people can 'most definitely' expect to see him back in AEW

Masvidal has a bone to pick with members of the AEW roster.

This Saturday, Jorge Masvidal is going to have his first sanctioned fight since losing to Kamaru Usman via knockout at UFC 261. He’ll be meeting Colby Covington in the main event of UFC 272. Masvidal is going into the bout with a 35-15-0 record and Covington sits at 16-3-0.

When Masvidal was not training in 2021, he made a few appearances on AEW programming alongside members of American Top Team. At Rampage: Grand Slam, he delivered a running knee to Chris Jericho and was also present for Junior dos Santos’ AEW in-ring debut.

Prior to fight week, Masvidal was interviewed by Darren Paltrowitz and said that people can ‘most definitely’ expect to see him back in AEW. He added that members of the roster have a bone to pick with him and vice versa.

Oh, most definitely . You know, those AEW guys don’t like me too much. They got a bone to pick with me and I got a bone to pick with them. As it is man, I got a couple wins on them.

Following UFC 272, POST Wrestling is going live with a recap of the show and there will be a written recap published to the site as well.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Darren Paltrowitz with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

1 Like