Josh Alexander feels Mickie James is probably the biggest star in IMPACT, talks going to her for advice

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/01/10/josh-alexander-feels-mickie-james-is-probably-the-biggest-star-in-impact-talks-going-to-her-for-advice/

Mickie James praised by the IMPACT World Champion. 

Heading into IMPACT Wrestling’s Hard To Kill event, talents on the card are making their way around the media circuit to promote the show. 

Josh Alexander, who’ll be defending the IMPACT World Championship against Bully Ray on the card, sat down to record an episode of FITE In Focus. While running down the card, he commented on the title versus career match between Mickie James and Knockouts World Champion Jordynne Grace. 

Alexander was asked about James specifically and expressed his thought that she’s probably the biggest star in the company. He recalled going to Mickie for advice and stated that she never comes off as if she feels bigger than anyone else. 

For me, personally, the impact I see is she’s [Mickie James] a superstar through and through, she’s a professional through and through. She has never — you won’t find anybody that has a crossword to say about her… She’s probably the biggest star we have in our company. It’s arguable maybe but to me, that’s the way it is and she has never once been above anybody in that locker room. She changes with everybody else, she helps everybody, anybody that needs an ear, she’s always there to offer advice and try to coach people along which is a daunting task while you’re also performing and trying to do all this stuff at a high level but she embraces that and I think it’s done nothing but elevate our entire women’s division and a lot of the men’s division as well because I know I’ve gone to Mickie for advice from time to time as well.

After Hard To Kill concludes, John Pollock and John Siino are going to host a review podcast that’ll be up on the site.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit FITE In Focus with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.