Judy Bagwell passes away at the age of 78

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/11/08/judy-bagwell-passes-away-at-the-age-of-78/

Judy Bagwell, the mother of former WCW wrestler Buff Bagwell, has died at the age of 78.

A statement was issued by the “Rebuilding Buff”, a weekly podcast involving Marcus Alexander Bagwell.

It is with a heavy heart we must announce that this past Friday the matriarch of the Bagwell family has passed away. Judy Bagwell was blessed with three amazing children, a loving husband and so many great memories over the years. Thank you to everyone that has asked about her over the years, and have kept her in your prayers during her battle with dementia. Judy Bagwell was 78. RIP Judy 1943-2021.

Judy Bagwell was involved in WCW programming on several occasions including a moment as WCW tag champion alongside Rick Steiner in 1998. In 2000, she was involved during a program between her son and Chris Kanyon that led to a match at that year’s New Blood Rising event where Judy was lifted above the ring in a forklift.

Bagwell passed away last Friday with a statement noting she had been battling dementia.

We send our condolences to Bagwell’s family and friends.

It is with a heavy heart we must announce that this past Friday the matriarch of the Bagwell family has passed away. Judy Bagwell was blessed with three amazing children, a loving husband and so many great memories over the years. Thank you to everyone that has asked about her

— Rebuilding Buff (@RebuildingBuff) November 8, 2021

1 Like

I didnt hate the Judy Bagwell stuff nearly as much as most people did. I thought she was entertaining. RIP to her.

Hate to correct you John but Judy Bagwell on a forklift was actually at New Blood Rising. I know because I was there and have never looked at a forklift the same ever since

1 Like