Kairi Sane bids farewell following injury angle on Raw

Originally published at Kairi Sane bids farewell following injury angle on Raw

On Monday’s episode of Raw, an angle was shot that appears to be the end of Kairi Sane’s character on Raw with the performer issuing a farewell statement.

Last week, Mike Johnson at PWinsider.com reported that the Raw tapings held on July 20th would be Sane’s last set and that included tonight’s episode to end her on-screen run.

During the Raw women’s title match between Asuka and Sasha Banks, Bayley appeared on the screen attacking Sane backstage, which prompted Asuka to leave the ring to help Sane. This led to a count-out victory by Banks, who becomes the new Raw women’s champion per the rules of the match where the title could change hands on a disqualification or count-out.

Sane’s head was repeatedly run into the garage door by Bayley with Sane taken to the trainer’s room. Asuka walked out of the trainer’s room irate and screamed, which appears to be the confirmation that Sane will not return. It was a strange booking direction as Sane defeated SmackDown women’s champion, Bayley, on last week’s episode (taped the same day as this week’s show) and never materialized with a title match.

After the angle on Raw, Sane posted the following message indicating it was her final appearance:

My time in the NXT & WWE locker rooms was incredible. Everyone was kind, funny, & talented, so every day was full of happiness. Also, I was saved by the supportive staff behind the scenes. I will forever love & respect all these professionals I had the pleasure of working with.🍀

— KAIRI SANE (@KairiSaneWWE) July 28, 2020

I was able to accomplish so much in the last three years, but it wasn’t because of my ability or my strength. It was because of all of the constant, warm support from the fans. I am so thankful I could meet you all.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Kairi Sane☺️⚓️ pic.twitter.com/BaH2UBi9wn

— KAIRI SANE (@KairiSaneWWE) July 28, 2020

Is she heading to AEW?

Back to Japan to live with her husband.

1 Like

Great on NXT, total waste of time on the main roster.

Like most wrestlers she was not used properly on the main roster. She was one of my favourite women on the roster. She was someone that I always loved to see do well. She seems like a good person. There is now 1 more reason to be less interested in the womens division.

Well, atleast it wasn’t Nia…

Wow…dont tell Io Shirai that. I’m pretty sure she thinks she is the one, that is with EVIL.

Now THAT would be a double champion.

1 Like

His name is EVIL! So if anybody it would be him.

Nevertheless her husband is in Japan so I doubt an AEW run is likely

My bad. I’m an idiot lol

Sayonara, Kairiさん.