KAIRI suffers ruptured eardrum at STARDOM World Climax: The Top

Originally published at KAIRI suffers ruptured eardrum at STARDOM World Climax: The Top

In her first singles match since 2020, KAIRI walks away with an injury.

STARDOM wrapped up their World Climax events on 3/27. Both the 3/26 and today’s show emanated from Ryōgoku Sumo Hall and featured the in-ring return of former World of STARDOM Champion KAIRI.

Yesterday, she teamed up with Mayu Iwatani and they picked up a win over Tam Nakano and Unagi Sayaka. Today, KAIRI had her first singles match since July 2020 when she took on and defeated Starlight Kid. KAIRI spoke to the press after the match and shared that she ruptured her left eardrum during the bout. She credited her opponent and said Starlight has become a different fighter since they last crossed paths.

My eardrum Kid. My eardrum was torn, but I was happy, or rather, the pain made me happy.

🔷ダイビング・エルボー・ドロップでスターライト・キッドをマットに沈め、勝利したKAIRIの試合後コメント。

「今、鼓膜が破れてて耳が聞こえないんですけど…。技一つ一つ重みがあったし試合してて火が着いた。前のキッドとは別者だったね。鼓膜破かれたけど嬉しかったっていうか、痛みが嬉しいね」 pic.twitter.com/yuYTcvJpOH

— スターダム✪STARDOM (@wwr_stardom) March 27, 2022

To read Karen Peterson’s report of STARDOM World Climax night one, click here. She’ll have a report of night two here on the site.

1 Like