KEEP IT 2000: Ep. 32 – “Tank Sinatra” with Lance Storm (August 7, 2000)

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/06/07/keep-it-2000-ep-32-tank-sinatra-with-lance-storm-august-7-2000/

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Lance Storm joins Brian Mann and Nate Milton on the Satellite of Hate to review the Nitro where he faces Booker T for the World Title. Lance also shares behind the scenes stories from his time on the WCW roster – including Vince Russo’s original idea to make him Eric Bischoff’s illegitimate son.

Subscribe to Keep It 2000
iTunes & iOS | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | Mac & PC | RSS

Discuss this show at the POST Wrestling Forum
https://forum.postwrestling.com

Follow POST Wrestling
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

I wasn’t expecting Lance to come on but I loved that he did, he went along with you guys and isn’t above himself like some wrestlers can be. A great episode guys with lots of insight, I especially loved the story of the episode name.

2 Likes

This was great; definitely one of the best eps of the podcast yet. Storm’s a scholar and a gentleman and it was great to hear a very down to earth voice recounting what it was like to be in the midst of that shitstorm.

1 Like

Really cool to hear Lance aboard the Satellite and provide his insight on the show and general goings-on behind the scenes at the time (which provided the title for this episode). That story about house shows was something else, especially compared to WWE business today.

1 Like

Brother Storm was awesome. When he first agreed to be on the show, I was amped…But then for him to not only be on the show, but to know that he gets the show and what we’re trying to do was really cool! :100:

3 Likes

That was a good story…I was also pretty tickled at WCW/Turner’s overly-elaborate “Mission Impossible fingerprint-scan” technology to keep track of who actually came to work…Lol! :100:

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

A-may-zing episode. Great to have someone actually on this ride of 2000 aboard the satellite. Not sure anyone else employed there could top the insight Lance brought. Loved the fingerprint scan (they had that in 2000?), enjoyed the CWO (or-ga-NI-zation is such a great to pronounce Canadian word), and my favorite part of his tales was Vince wasn’t sure what to do with any wrestler coming over, he just wanted to hurt WCW. Uh, that’s all he really knows after 4 decades: weaken thy enemy. (oh, and Tank Sinatra, of course)

Also never heard Shawn-ton bomb before (couldn’t even find it trying to look it up). That was solid. Good job Brother Mann.

Brother Nate, thanks for the episode, and get Mr. Storm for a re-book ASAP.

1 Like

Awesome, fun show guys. Just subscribed to the feed on itunes and happy to see the pre-POST shows are still available. Going to start at episode 1 tomorrow.

2 Likes

This is quickly becoming my fave podcast

2 Likes

Vaya Con Dios! :100:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes