Keiji Muto returning to the ring on 5/21, says he's not completely healed from his injury

Originally published at Keiji Muto returning to the ring on 5/21, says he's not completely healed from his injury

Keiji Muto is returning to the ring for NOAH.

In early February, Keiji Muto was sidelined with a hip injury and as a result, he and Naomichi Marufuji had to vacate the GHC Tag Team Titles. Muto will be returning to the ring on May 21st at NOAH’s event at the Ota City General Gymnasium.

Muto is scheduled to team with Naomichi Marufuji and New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s Satoshi Kojima, who returned to NOAH at the ‘Majestic’ show. They’ll be taking on newly crowned GHC Heavyweight Champion Go Shiozaki, Kaito Kiyomiya and Masato Tanaka.

Muto was on commentary for the 4/30 event and afterwards, he spoke to the press and admitted that he is not completely healed. He said the pain and symptoms are lessening and his career experience will handle the rest.

I’m not completely healed. I’ve been given a lot of rest, and the pain and other symptoms are lessening. I think my career and experience will take care of the rest.

📣5.21大田区【武藤敬司復帰戦カード】決定🔥🔥

「Dream on 2022 FINAL」
📅5月21日(土) 16:00開始/14:30開場
🏢大田区総合体育館

💠6人タッグマッチ
潮崎豪 清宮海斗 田中将斗
vs
武藤敬司 丸藤正道 小島聡#noah_ghc pic.twitter.com/cbyTU9gTiX

— プロレスリング・ノア |PROWRESTLING NOAH (@noah_ghc) April 30, 2022

📢4.30両国 バックステージコメント

武藤敬司1/2
「(5・21)大田区で復帰って言っちゃった。いきなり潮崎じゃなく、軽いところで。もし小島が(潮崎の次期挑戦者に)決まったら、潮崎を応援する。小島は3冠、IWGP、GHCも獲ったら、俺のプレミア感がなくなる」#noah_ghc #轟音のヘビー #wrestleUNIVERSE pic.twitter.com/10b9ghjULZ

📢4.30両国 バックステージコメント

武藤敬司2/2
「完治っていうのは、ないんですよ。ないなかでも、これだけ休ませてもらって、痛みも軽減してるなかで、俺のキャリアと実力をもってすれば、こなしていけるんじゃないかと思ってます」#noah_ghc #轟音のヘビー #wrestleUNIVERSE pic.twitter.com/bgGRYDGxGi

It is official that after confronting Go Shiozaki at the conclusion of the ‘Majestic’ show, Satoshi Kojima will be challenging for the GHC Heavyweight Title at CyberFight Festival on June 12th.

Keiji Muto returning to the ring on 5/21

says he’s not completely healed from his injury

Y’all tell me why would anyone let a 60 year old man wrestle, let alone wrestling while he is not healed from injury?

I’m gonna be blunt. I don’t need to hear another 50+ performer from Japan suffering another terrible injury, especially one who is 6t0 and has bad knees to boot.

ESPECIALLY IF IT’S PRO WRESTLING NOAH!