Kenn Doane (Kenny Dykstra) announces his retirement from in-ring competition

Originally published at Kenny Dykstra announces his retirement from in-ring competition

Kenn Doane, also known in wrestling as Kenny Dykstra shared on social media that he is opting to retiring from in-ring competition at his current age of 35. Dykstra noted that he planned to retire at 40 but investments have allowed him to step away now.

I’ve decided to retire from in ring wrestling. When I started at 13 I thought I’d retire at 40. But smart investments overtime have allowed me to be done now. I’m in my prime, and that will go towards my family and being a father. Thanks to the fans who stuck by me.

I’ve decided to retire from in ring wrestling. When I started at 13 I thought I’d retire at 40. But smart investments overtime have allowed me to be done now. I’m in my prime, and that will go towards my family and being a father. Thanks to the fans who stuck by me. 🤟

— Kenn Doane (@kenndoane) April 20, 2021

Dykstra was trained by Killer Kowalski and shortly into his wrestling career, he began working for Ohio Valley Wrestling which was once WWE’s developmental program. He was a part of the Spirit Squad in WWE that held the World Tag Team Titles.

After departing the company in 2008, he started working the independent scene and competed for CHIKARA, Dragon Gate USA and wrestled The Young Bucks on an episode of ROH TV.

Dykstra returned to WWE in 2016 for a storyline that involved The Miz and Dolph Ziggler. Several years later, it was announced that he and Mike Mondo (Mikey) were signed to Major League Wrestling. Doane’s last match was in December of 2019 for Beyond Wrestling.