KENTA Challenging Tetsuya Naito For IWGP Intercontinental & Heavyweight Titles At New Beginning In Osaka

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/01/07/kenta-challenging-tetsuya-naito-for-iwgp-intercontinental-heavyweight-titles-at-new-beginning-in-osaka/

Just two days after becoming the first dual champion in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, Tetsuya Naito’s first challenger to his titles has been revealed and it is former NEVER Openweight Champion KENTA. The two are set to clash on February 9th at The New Beginning in Osaka.

After Naito defeated Kazuchika Okada to become IWGP Heavyweight Champion and retain his Intercontinental Title at Wrestle Kingdom 14, he gave a speech and was about the complete his signature sign-off by shouting out his fellow Los Ingobernables de Japon faction-members, but KENTA made a run in and beat down Naito. KENTA then sat on the chest of Naito in the Katsuyori Shibata pose while holding Naito’s newly won title belts. Earlier in the night, KENTA lost the NEVER Openweight Title to Hirooki Goto but his night was not over as he set his sights on the new dual champion.

KENTA and Naito brawled once again at New Year’s Dash and KENTA got the upper hand on the champion again. On February 9th, Naito will have another opportunity to get his revenge as he defends the Intercontinental and Heavyweight Titles against Bullet Club’s own, KENTA.

I’ve just caught up on WK and NY Dash today.

For something that was clearly set up as a transition/consolidation program for Naito, goddamn KENTA has looked like a million bucks since the end of night 2.

He’s obviously not going to beat Naito in his first defence, but I hope they don’t go away from KENTA. While I’m in the minority that really likes Jay White, KENTA is over huge as a heel at the moment - early days, but he might be the hottest heel in the world at the moment - I hope they ride that all year with him as the primary focus of Bullet Club.

1 Like

Call me crazy but it’s time for Bullet Club to be lead by a Japanese Star and not a Gaijin. Devitt-AJ-Kenny-White…refresh this Bc by ousting White and pushing Kenta as leader and introduce more Japanese talent to the club and reboot this stable.

1 Like