Kevin Owens reflects on impersonating Steve Austin, says it was delightful to piss people off

Originally published at Kevin Owens reflects on impersonating Steve Austin

Kevin Owens looks back on his Steve Austin impersonation.

Night one of WrestleMania 38 will feature the return of Stone Cold Steve Austin. He’ll be appearing on The K.O show to confront Owens after Owens called him out weeks ago.

On the 3/21 episode of Monday Night Raw, the show kicked off with the music of Steve Austin playing through the arena. It ultimately turned out to be Kevin who sported Austin-like attire and a bald cap. Later during his segment, Austin’s music hit again and in the moment, Owens pretended to be surprised by the music.

He spoke about that segment while chatting with Daniel Cormier and Ryan Clark and said it was “delightful” to piss people off in that manner.

You know, it’s really funny because that’s really not the kind of stuff I’m used to doing. You know, that’s happened before where one of the wrestlers would, you know, dress up as someone else, one of their rivals, whatever. You know, The Miz did it a few years ago, DX have done it, a couple people have done it and done it pretty well but I had — you know, it felt like I was stepping out of my comfort zone a little but I figured that was the most impactful thing I could do going into this match or this confrontation, whatever you wanna call it and it ended up being a lot of fun. I think I pissed a lot of people off which was delightful.

The latest addition to night one of WrestleMania 38 is Seth Rollins competing in a match against an opponent that will be revealed once Rollins is in the ring.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit ‘DC & RC’ with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.