Killer Kross, Scarlett Bordeaux confirm ROH was interested in bringing them in for Supercard of Honor

Originally published at Killer Kross, Scarlett Bordeaux confirm ROH was interested in bringing them in for Supercard of Honor

Kross and Scarlett detail their conversations with Ring of Honor management.

One month before Ring of Honor was scheduled to present Supercard of Honor, it was announced by AEW President Tony Khan that he acquired the company. Several match and talent announcements had been made for Supercard prior to Khan’s announcement.

The powers that be in the company had also been in conversations with talents about the forthcoming show and two of those talents were Killer Kross and Scarlett Bordeaux.

Kross touched on the start of his communication with both ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling while being interviewed by Wrestling Inc. He said they were basically told that ROH was interested in having them at Supercard.

Kross: This is chronologically how it sort of happened. So, I am going to a jiu-jitsu class in Orlando, it’s Daniel Gracie’s, I attend a school there, I go there all the time. Someone in the school had brought it to my attention that the company was interested in bringing us both on board, so I said, ‘Okay, cool.’ Right around the exact same time, somebody else in the school told me that New Japan was interested in having me on board. So, I was like, this is incredible, these literally both came in the same day. Immediately I began a correspondence with both parties. Basically, we were told that they’d be interested in having the both of us for the Supercard. So, basically, the correspondent, I don’t want to throw their name out there. I don’t know if they want it out there. But this is the person to be talking to, by the way, out of all the people you would be talking to, would be the person. So, they said, ‘Do you have this date free?’ I said, ‘For this, yes, I absolutely do,’ it was a no-brainer, we were basically just working out a number.

Following the initial talks, there was a period when there was no communication. Scarlett added that the number she and Kross presented was fine, but it needed to be approved.

Kross: Then there was radio silence. I was like, ‘Okay, there’s probably a lot of moving parts, I am not going to suffocate this person.’

Bordeaux: They said, ‘We need a final approval from the people who write the checks with big number talents,’ because they said our number was fine, they’ve just got to get final approval for anybody who is big money talent.

The former NXT Champion stated that he was excited for what was to come; adding that he and Scarlett were not sure how they were going to keep it a secret. He would then go on to see Tony Khan make the announcement about the Ring of Honor acquisition.

Kross: I was like, ‘I don’t know how we’re going to keep this quiet,’ we were really pumped about this, it’s going to be awesome. She might be able to revisit some stuff from Ring Of Honor that she previously did. We can do something new, so, all of these ideas are coming to light. Then it was announced on TV that Tony Khan had bought Ring Of Honor. So, I hit my correspondent back, and I was like, ‘What the f*ck is going on here?’

He’s like, ‘I have no idea,’ and then a little bit of time went on, and then we began to find out through my other friends in the company, who didn’t even know, because we were fading them too, not like we thought they’d maliciously stooge it off, we just didn’t want it to leak. We are very old school, we don’t tell anybody what is going on. So, what happened was everybody lost their jobs, or they were out of jobs. They didn’t have work anymore at Ring Of Honor.

Since Supercard of Honor, it has been confirmed that both Toa Liona and Kaun are signed to AEW/ROH and will be a part of the Ring of Honor roster. The duo is with ‘Tully Blanchard Enterprises’ that also includes Brian Cage.