Konnan confirms Rey Mysterio asked him to do WWE Hall of Fame induction, still in negotiation process

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/03/18/konnan-confirms-rey-mysterio-asked-him-to-do-wwe-hall-of-fame-induction-still-in-negotiation-process/

Konnan is not able to officially speak on it until it is confirmed by WWE. 

The first announcement for the 2023 WWE Hall of Fame class was Rey Mysterio. Los Angeles Times ran a story about the induction and noted that Konnan is going to do the honors of inducting Rey. 

WWE has yet to confirm that Konnan is inducting Rey, but he was asked about it during his chat with MuscleManMalcolm. Konnan stated that he has been asked by Rey and would be disappointed if he was not the one doing the honor. 

He added that they’re still in the negotiation stage and he can’t say too much on it until WWE announces it. 

Well, I would be very disappointed if it wasn’t me (inducting Rey Mysterio into the WWE Hall of Fame). But, Rey has asked me and so we’re still negotiating and until they put it out there, till they officially announce it, I really can’t say anything on it. But I have been contacted.

Dominik Mysterio has challenged Rey to a match at WrestleMania and Rey has declined the challenge twice. If the match is made official, he thinks Dominik should win. 

I would put Dominik (Mysterio) over (at WrestleMania 39 if he faces Rey). Rey’s already over. That would get mega heat.

In addition to Rey Mysterio, The Great Muta (Keiji Muto) is being inducted into the Hall of Fame. On January 1st, Muto wrestled WWE’s Shinsuke Nakamura as a part of his retirement tour. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit MuscleManMalcolm with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.