Kris Statlander Captures AAW Women's Championship

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/29/kris-statlander-captures-aaw-womens-championship/

AAW’s annual ‘Windy City Classic’ show in Illinois commenced and concluded on December 28th. One of the marquee matches of the night was the AAW Women’s Championship match between Jessicka Havok and Kris Statlander. The AAW Women’s Title has headlined a handful of AAW shows in 2019 and the latest women’s title match concluded with Kris Statlander’s hand being raised in victory.

The winner…AND NEW AAW WOMEN’S CHAMPION crowned at #AAWCLASSICXV, @callmekrisstat!

📸: @Beezzzzy pic.twitter.com/IKwQTHbSYC

— AAW Wrestling (@AAWPro) December 29, 2019

Statlander ended Havok’s ten month reign as AAW Women’s Champion and on January 8th, she’ll also be challenging for the AEW Women’s World Title. Statlander was slated to take on Riho for the title on the ‘Homecoming’ edition of Dynamite on January 1st but due to her commitiments with Bar Wrestling, All ELute Wrestling allowed her to fuffill her dates with the promotion and postponed her title match to the January 8th episode of Dynamite.

Riho is now defending her title in a four-way match against Nyla Rose, Hikaru Shida and Britt Baker and the winner of that match will move on to the following week’s Dynamite to defend their title against the newly crowned AAW Women’s Champion, Kris Statlander.

1 Like

Wow AAW champion!!!

Like who the fuck cares and wtf is AAW?

Maybe you don’t agree, but I think it’s newsworthy that a regularly featured performer in major promotion won a title elsewhere… not something that happens that often in North America. But instead of just not responding since you allegedly don’t care, you’re being rude because it’s tangentially related to AEW.

3 Likes

Yeah why are we hearing about wrestling news on this wrestling message board :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes sorry I didn’t mean to dispearge the reporting but I honestly have no idea what AAW is

Google it.

It’s a long standing and well respected Chicago based independent promotion.

1 Like

Statlander making more news about doing things with other promotions. Great look for AEW. Especially after they had to postpone a match she was scheduled to be in.