Kris Statlander comments on talents not being re-signed by AEW, says it sucks but they should keep moving forward

Originally published at Kris Statlander comments on talents not being re-signed by AEW, says it sucks but they should keep moving forward

Kris Statlander shares her thoughts on talents not being re-signed by AEW.

Several talents that started with AEW in 2019 are no longer with the company such as Marko Stunt, Jack Evans and Joey Janela. All three of those talents’ full-time contracts were not renewed.

Current AEW talent Kris Statlander weighed in on those departures during a virtual signing with K & S WrestleFest. Statlander said no one is guaranteed a job forever whether it’d be in wrestling or another field of work. She added that it ‘sucks’ to see those situations occur, but she encouraged talents in those positions to not dwell on it and move forward.

My thoughts on this situation is that, you know, life happens. Sometimes, that’s just the way wrestling is. Nobody’s guaranteed a job forever in wrestling or in any position really. It sucks, but you have to learn to not dwell on situations that you don’t have control over and you just make the most of what you can do and keep moving forward.

Elsewhere during the signing, Statlander was asked who she would like to team with if AEW introduced women’s tag titles. She said she’d be up for teaming with Hikaru Shida or Anna Jay.

I don’t know Shida and I tagged a lot back in the day. So it’d be fun to bring that back up again.

Tag with Anna ? I would do that again. We had fun.

Statlander appeared on he 5/13 episode of AEW Rampage. She was announced as Shida’s replacement in the Owen Hart Foundation tournament. Statlander will be taking on Red Velvet in the first round.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit K & S WrestleFest with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.