Kurt Angle wrestled at WWE TLC 2017 with torn muscle in his quad

Originally published at Kurt Angle wrestled at WWE TLC 2017 with torn muscle in his quad

TLC 2017 is looked back on by Kurt Angle.

As a result of Roman Reigns contracting the mumps in late 2017, he was pulled from the TLC pay-per-view where he was supposed to reunite with Seth Rollins and Jon Moxley. With Reigns being out, WWE slotted Kurt Angle into Reigns’ position as a member of The Shield for one night.

Angle, Moxley and Rollins defeated Braun Strowman, The Miz, Sheamus, Claudio Castagnoli and Glenn ‘Kane’ Jacobs. This match was discussed by Angle on episode #91 of his podcast. He shared that he worked through the match with a torn muscle in his quad.

Yes . When I was G.M. for six months, didn’t do anything, nothing in the ring. No cardio work. I also had a torn muscle in my quad and I was nursing that. So I went into there with an injury and also not sure of how my conditioning was gonna be and when I went in there, it wasn’t too bad. I was able to protect my leg and I actually did pretty well in the match. I didn’t do anything crazy. You know, Vince McMahon told me specifically, ‘You’re not jumping off of anything and diving through a table. You just do what you do.’ So I knew I didn’t have to do that stuff anymore so it was pretty cool.

Former WWE CEO and Chairman Vince McMahon was pleased with the match and embraced Rollins, Angle and Moxley. Angle added that he received a nice payday for the bout.

Vince . He was excited about it. He gave us all a hug, he said, ‘Great job. You guys nailed it tonight. Thank you.’

They did . I got paid handsomely for that match.

The TLC Premium Live Event is not on the event calendar this year for WWE. After Survivor Series in November, the next P.L.E. is not until the Royal Rumble in January.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Kurt Angle Show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.