Kylie Rae explains her departure from IMPACT Wrestling, says she has talked to Scott D'Amore since then

Originally published at Kylie Rae explains her departure from IMPACT Wrestling

Kylie Rae opens up about her departure from IMPACT.

At IMPACT Wrestling’s 2020 Bound For Glory pay-per-view, Kylie Rae was scheduled to challenge Deonna Purrazzo for the Knockouts World Title. Rae did not appear on that show and the following month, she shared that she would be stepping away from wrestling.

She would later return to wrestling for the National Wrestling Alliance on top of doing independent dates. Her most recent match for the NWA took place on night two of the Crockett Cup.

Kylie dove into her time with IMPACT as she was doing a virtual signing with Captain’s Corner. She expressed that she had nothing but positive things to say about IMPACT and her exit from the company was not ‘wrestling-related’, but it had to do with her mental and physical health.

So I legit, I loved my time in IMPACT. Everyone there was so freaking awesome. Okay, so Jimmy Jacobs, I don’t know how many people — Jimmy Jacobs is pretty open about the fact that he’s a writer for IMPACT, right? Okay. He’s f — sorry, trying to stop cursing but he’s an f’ing genius.

I have nothing but good things to say about IMPACT. I loved it there. I promise, my stuff, it was not wrestling-related. It was like mental health on top of concussions on top of just not being okay so, it was like everything spanned into one and do you ever have those moments where you’re just like ignoring, ignoring, ignoring and then everything — I think about it like, when you’re driving your car, one light comes on then another light comes on and then another and you’re like, ‘Oh! I’ll get it fixed later. I’ll get it checked out later.’

She went on to speak about enjoying being a part of IMPACT’s Wrestle House show and getting to collaborate with Jimmy Jacobs. Rae felt that Jacobs knew her character better than she did.

Rae has spoken to Scott D’Amore since leaving IMPACT and added that maybe she’ll get to wrestle Deonna Purrazzo in the future to make up for their once-scheduled match at Bound For Glory.

Okay, so it , killing it. Jordynne Grace, another one. They’re all just — you can tell they care about this stuff and they’re passionate. Mama Su! Susie. I love — yes, all of ‘em. Rich Swann, everyone. Everyone there, they’re just, yep. All the love. Spread the love.

IMPACT Wrestling is gearing up for their Slammiversary pay-per-view on June 18th and as of this writing, here’s the match card:

• IMPACT X Division Championship — Ultimate X Match: Ace Austin (c) vs. Kenny King vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD vs. TBD
  • IMPACT Knockouts World Championship — Queen of the Mountain Match: Tasha Steelz (c) vs. Chelsea Green vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Mia Yim
  • IMPACT World Championship: Josh Alexander (c) vs. Eric Young

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Captain’s Corner with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.