Loki Season 2 Discussion/Feedback Thread

ANTHONY!

As a black man, hearing (not officially named) KANG saying “I like your nose” while discussing his interactions with the "council of (not officially named) KANG " made my five year old self smile. It means nothing for most but damn seeing a black man even saying something so like that means a lot to me.

Loved the episode and the series overall. Cant wait for Season Two!

1 Like

Anthony from Melbourne

After discussing the show with a friend last week, he pointed out that there was one episode left and no real villain had been established for the entire series. I tried to point to the TVA as the villain/antagonist of the show but by the shows conclusion there really wasn’t a villain.

While my partner felt as though her time had been wasted with no big resolution to the show, I felt as though the season was essentially exposition for our Loki’s, the multiverse and Kang in the MCU, which I enjoyed.

The show was much more like a TV show than an extended movie, leaving us unanswered questions and has me very invested in a season 2. Not to mention I think it will reward its viewers by providing more context to other variant Kang’s who will appear in the MCU and also gives logical explanation to why we have not encountered Kang until now.

Magan from Ottawa, ON

Loki stuck the landing so hard it left footprints.

I predicted that some version of Kang the Conqueror would be Loki’s big bad. I was only half right as Jonathan Majors stole this season finale with authority and it’s no easy feat with Tom Hiddleston getting top billing. My only gripe is that Renslayer didn’t get a conclusive ending and I was thoroughly more engaged with the Loki/Sylvie/He Who Remains war of words than the TVA’s goings-on.

The impact of this episode is gonna be felt for a second season and the rest of the MCU as a whole.

Secret Wars are gonna be a-brewing.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea/theories about who the fourth statue was?

Tweet of the night! :rofl::100:

1 Like

This episode felt absolutely essential to phase 4, up until now, everything has been fallout from endgame or filling in blanks, but this episode feels like we’re building to something new, if kang is the new main heel, and with ant man being one of the poorer box office performers, I predict a blood bath in the quantumania movie.

Burak and Paps from London, UK.

This Version of Kang ruled. Dancing around like a Kite but providing the necessary slaps when needed. Epic.

Miss Minutes is truly sinister and I want a spin off where Miss Minutes goes around slaughtering people for fun. Give me a Miss Minutes and Aligator Loki action figures Hasbro!

My hope is that we now see Daredevil from the Netflix shows in Spider Man “No Way Home”, seeing the Timeline is fractured to fuck.

Question for the esteemed reviewers: Would you kiss a version of yourself?

Can’t wait for what if? !!!

I’m hoping that there are Stan Lee cameos in animated form. I know he’s got a magazine picture cameo in the new venom trailer. I hope they bring that to to the MCU.

Should we bring this thread back up for the new season? @wai0937

2 Likes

Yes, thanks Jake!

With two episodes in the books. Loki’s off and running. The time travelling is a couple levels above Doctor Who and the performances are as strong as ever

Side-note: with Marvel Studios going back to the drawing board for their tv department with DD: Born Again getting a creative overhaul. Does a more showrunner-driven and less miniseries-heavy approach spell good things?

I’m enjoying how the show is being built on all the consequences of their choices.

Greetings all! After WH’s hard sell during the free episode last week, I signed up to Patreon and this is my very first post.

My question is what significance, if any, the number 400 might have to this season. In the first episode, OB mentions the last time he talked to Mobius being 400 years ago. When they head to the time loom later in the episode, OB also mentions he is sent there to run diagnostics every 400 years. In episode 2, Brad/X5 specifically says that Sylvie has killed 400 TVA agents.

If Doctor Who has taught me anything, it’s to pay attention to seemingly insignificant references like these. What do you guys think? Is it something significant, a red herring or just a coincidence? Any theories about why they keep choosing this number specifically?

Thanks for the great reviews – It feels good to have a show I can dive into like this – especially after the train wreck known as Secret Invasion. Oof!

2 Likes

Brad wolfe made think of bad wolf. It’s references all the way down.

2 Likes

Oh man, good catch! I didn’t realize it until your post but that can’t be a coincidence, right? Has to be a fun easter egg at least.

1 Like

Misters Fann and Park. I’ve missed hearing you guys talk about this stuff :slight_smile:

Hm. Can’t really say much about this episode; it was a bit of a miss for me. I guess it really set the table for the next episode so it better deliver. I’m getting a bit nervous.

Is Victor supposed to be the next he who remains in and endless cycle? I didn’t quite catch that.

The USS Herron was kind of cute.

Miss Minutes was decidedly not.

Once they make a Malekith or Killgrave reference, you know it’s on purpose.

Magan from Ottawa, ON

Victor Timely’s bumbling, high strung disposition could give way to how he only remains. It’s a testament to Majors’ range (despite the black cloud hovering overhead). “1893” leaned into the time traveling concept and the Chicago setting circa 1893 looks terrific. The Scooby-Doo-style chase sequence was delightful and Miss Minutes was unnervingly scary.

Sidebar: I’ve been playing Spider-Man 2 (an early bday gift, I’m 33 on Wednesday) the last couple days so I’ve done my best Peter Parker to snap some photos for the Bugle!:

Anthony from Melbourne

Sorry, I’ve been watching the show a few days behind so never get a chance to leave feedback but here’s one to make up for it.

I had some thoughts on your conversation about when Loki finally sees Thor again.

You discussed this as it would be a beautiful, joyful reunion but I’ve always thought of that moment being the opposite.

I see their initial reunion playing out in the vain of Loki & Sylvie’s dynamic at the end of season 1. Loki believes “he who remains” and is willing to prune, etc to prevent a multiverse of Kangs.

I imagine Loki’s next interaction with Thor to be along the lines of Loki showing up, maybe hooded or disguised and pruning someone close to Thor. Before Loki can get away Thor sees his face and would be confused Loki is alive but remember Loki has turned on Thor multiple times and even faked his death before.

You could play this out where Loki tries to explain he had to, to stop the Kangs but Thor thinks he was with Thanos all along (since Avengers 1) and never died in Infinity War, faking his death with an illusion (he even saved the space stone from being destroyed in Ragnarok for Thanos). We get one more battle between the two before Loki is able to convince Thor he is a good guy now.

This could occur in one scene or an entire movie but I think it would be fun to play with given the history between both characters and how Thor would have such a justified reason not to trust Loki.

Unfortunately, I think the Multiverse will already be out of control by the time a scene like this could occur so it wouldn’t make sense.

But what do you think, would you rather see an instant happy reunion between the two or them initially at odds?