Loki Season 2 Discussion/Feedback Thread

Mannie from Pacoima
Anti-shout out Neal Flanagan for talking about the doctors from whoville like a nerd. This isnt a dr. Seuss podcast!
Much love Neal! You know I kid, the chemistry between Neal and Jay White.H. Park was great.
What a way to end episode 4 the despair in Loki’s eyes, True acting!!!

So its now confirmed Mobius is a Kang variant? Or he’s a variant of the original Mobius? Or!! Is he a variant or Morbius!!! Its Morbin time!!!
R.i.p. Victor Timley. He whomst’ve remains became he whomst’ve Lo Meins as he turned to noodles due to the radiation.

What are your thoughts on the new showrunners and Directors for Daredevil?
Will any of you pick up Jonathan Hickman and Marco Checchetto’s new ultimate spider man this January? It focuses on an older, married Peter parker becoming the spider man

As someone who is very very behind in the MCU, can someone tell me what is needed to be watched first before watching Loki?

Probably just Loki Season 1, which is probably most enjoyable if you’ve at least seen Endgame and Avengers 1. Maybe the Quantumania post-credits if you’d like. There are also great recap videos on YouTube to lead you directly into Loki Season 2.

2 Likes

That episode took a freakin’ turn eh?
RIP to that sad charlatan Victor Timely.
With the loss of another Kang and the impending doom of the titular character I’m left wondering:
When will W.H. post a spaghetti pic on IG?

Miss Minutes is a monster. Damn all cartoon clocks, forever and ever.
It’s a shame, I wanted more Dox on screen. Honestly more fleshing out of the TVA but it’s gonna be a slow burn to the end.

Wild Variant Speculation:
Miss Minutes is an Ultron variant sans body.
I think that’s technology stolen from Stark in a different timeline and incorporated to the grand scheme of control.
OB totally is Kang and probably the greatest one of them all, that’s why He Who Remains had OB’s mind wiped and put in the basement after writing his opus that is the TVA Handbook.
When/if OB gets his memory back, that’s when things are really gonna get cooking.
Overall, Loki Season 2 has captured my attention thus far and I’m looking forward to see what happens next week!
Keep up with the comic recommendations, including new releases because I like hearing what everybody’s reading!
Hurry up with that Ashoka review! I must be able to lament the loss of Ray Stevenson properly and what was to become greatness…

P.S. Cast Liam Hemsworth as Baldur the Brave!

These thoughts are unrelated:

I’m guessing Renslayer’s role was taming Alioth to win the war, and she was just sent into the void when she was pruned. Maybe they’ll have a reunion like the lion that sees the dude that raised him, and there’s a Whitney song playing in the background. There has to be at least one universe where that happens.

More seriously, I do like the themes of (can’t think of the word, prophetic self fulfillement?) with Loki pruning himself as he had to from episode 1, Ouroboros and Victor having this endless cycle of the book, Sylvie and Loki, he whose remains remain, etc… Sylvie’s character growth overall is really nice.

Until the end of the episode, I sort of wondered if Loki (or someone) would intentionally timeslip to try to get more information on what things were like before.

Cliffhangers are less effective after a couple episode where story didn’t progress enough.

Anthony from Melbourne

First off the best way I can write the way we say Melbourne locally is to say “Mel-Ben” really fast together.

I always find people say “born” which makes sense the way it’s spelt but we just don’t pronounce it that way.

WH was certainly the closest, so Rich Fann looks like you owe WH some Canada Dry (I have no idea what that is by the way haha).

On to the episode and wow, just wow.

Despite the misdirect of the entire episode I really, really enjoyed this one!

The obvious question you’ve probably already discussed is why/how Loki can now travel back through time without creating a branched timeline where a variant of him already exists?

I also am confused on how it’s even possible to time travel in the TVA because I thought it exists outside of time or possible to time travel before the loom exploded, isn’t the loom the strands of time themselves?

What do you think are the implications for this ability for the entire MCU especially if Loki keeps this power? (which I can’t see happening because it’s so over powered), I think he will loose it once they fix the temporal loom.

My favourite episode of this season thus far, fingers crossed the finale doesn’t shit the bed.

Episode five really just wants me to believe that Loki’s ability to travel through time should make him formidable to Kang in the grand scheme of things… sucks that he’ll just be Kang’s backup plan to snatch back control at the end.
I mean really both options just seem too OP to my liking and if it wasn’t for my attachment to the characters thus far I would be really not like the future implications for the bigger Marvel event. It’s just so damn convoluted.
Yes, that’s comics but a good comic can keep you invested and there seems to be alot I’m leaving on the shelf these days.
These are the moments where I wished the X-Men would have been the next phase of Marvel storytelling but given everything going so big so fast, with celestials, secret alien invasions, time manipulation, etc. I don’t think a grounded X-Men origin story can have a meaningful starting off point without it being thrust into the messy time loom that is the MCU.
I didn’t read the Variety article but still I can’t help but miss what once was, with the old Avengers team being the focus, that should have been the bouncing off point for the next group of heroes to rub up against them… like Fantastic Four and THE X-MEN. Not the C SQUAD.(Excluding Loki and Moon Knight. Those characters are great)

Several thoughts, and I’ll try to make them coherent like other posters. But I liked this episode, including the

Not to tip my hand about my day job, but I wanted to make some kind of joke about finding out what’s on the other side of the Mobius strip by finding out where he came from on the sacred timeline but we just got back to where we started in the episode. I hope no one beats the joke to death by introducing a character named Klein, although seeing a 3d projection (the Klein bottle) in the background of some shot would be kind of funny.

The mobius strip/story hasn’t quite come full circle like all the other stories because we don’t know how he joined the TVA. I have a sneaky feeling his he volunteered to join or something. It might even have something to do with whatever happened with his wife.

I sort of had a feeling Loki would intentionally timeslip but it’s going to open the door to questions “well why not just go all the way back to ____”. To that, I imagine Loki overshooting and going back to the dinosaur age, accidentally killing a bug, and that’s why we suddenly have mutants. (And yes, I thought of that thinking of Homer from the treehouse of horror. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgAViQaYSNk.)

At the very least, we might see Dox et. al again, which would make me happy. I definitely don’t think we’re done with Renslayer.

I’m prone to overthinking but I’m thinking we haven’t yet been told all of the purpose/function of the loom.

PS: I hope everyone survived last night’s 1-hour time slipping. When I was little I used to think it was actual time travel and when I woke up all the clocks were already changed. So I tried to stay awake to watch how it happened but the fact I couldn’t stay awake convinced me it really was time travel and some force was preventing me from watching it happen. I was such a dumb child.

1 Like

Sean from Toronto

This isn’t really feedback pertaining to Loki itself, but if you liked Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead’s direction on the season, I would recommend checking out their 2019 film Synchronic, which also deals heavily with time travel. It also stars Anthony Mackie and I hypothesize that the collaboration opened the door for their MCU gig.

1 Like

I’ll accept the loss, but under protest as I think my “ben” was better than his “bourne”! :slight_smile:

I’m going to keep Rich_Fann, BUT Mace will be the face of the place here on the board.

Also, this week we’re most likely gonna be LIVE, so get those questions in as soon as you can. And tell the “freeloaders” to pay up too! haha

1 Like

Full circle themes indeed! Loki finally gets his throne, and what a throne, fulfilling a glorious purpose. He even gets his own world tree bigger than Ygrassil that Thor told Jane about. He gets to be a bit like Heimdell and He Whose Remains Remain, just watching over the timeline(s). At least, that was my take in the last shot.

I think it’s going to be pretty neat when Thor gets to reunite with Loki, because they have to with all these multiversal shenanigans leading to the next avengers. That’ll be a different kind of full circle. Mobius gets back to where he started, and Renslayer is queuing up the Whitney soundtrack when she reunites with Alioth.

I guess they kind of have an out if they want to nix JM, Loki could have trouble maintaining his grip on all the branches or even just havea reason to let goof the branches that just happen to be the variants that look like Jonathan Majors and other variants step in keeping the MCU story going.

The visuals were stunning, especially for that scene where he whips around to sit. Great VFX and score.

Miss Minutes is stalkery version again, right?

I came in from watching Ms Marvels, not realizing they were the same day. I’m glad there were no blue people in Loki.

This is the first MCU project I had a hard time following and understanding what the hell was going on. This series had a lot to digest and since I don’t read the comics, a lot of the nuances that are important to the story just went over my head. Thank you for the reviews so I can keep following the overall story.
Also, not only is Mace Windu an asshole, he led a Jedi council of arrogant, self centered pricks. WH has it right.

1 Like

This was the first MCU Disney+ show that took me a 12 hours to digest, BUT when it did, it all became clear. The finale took something out of the Thor films and made chicken salad out of chicken shit. Biggest being The Dark World after Oden chose to spare Loki from the Frost Giants attack. The entire series from Ep 1 was a test by HWR to see if Loki pre-Ragnanok could be trusted as the king of Ygrassil tree. I guess he passed the test. Also keep in mind that Loki in the regular timeline is dead and HWR let the events of phase 1-3 happen. Why? Only he knows.

2 Likes

If anything is more certain than time travel shenanigans in this series, it’s the Blind Avenger responding to a WH hard sell for something. First I gave you my money and now I give you my comment! (Sorry for my previous absence, for some reason I felt the need to abandon everything because of a lethal spaghetti craving.)

Anyway, what can I say that hasn’t already been said? Rewatching Wandavision after the fact has softened my opinion on that finale, but this is the first time Marvel has unanimously stuck the landing on a series. Given their refocusing of quality over quantity, I sincerely hope this is just the start of a new era for the studio.

Although it seems obvious that Loki will play a role or at least appear in The Kang Dynasty and/or Secret Wars, do you see other characters like Sylvie making it into the movies. If so, where do you see them fitting in? I also can’t help but shake the feeling that Ms. Minutes final words in episode 4 mean something far worse is coming. She tells Victor that he’ll “never be him.” Does this imply that she knew he could never be He Who Remains and instead set events into motion to ensure the correct variant would ascend to that throne? If He Who Remains indeed is a variant, they need for the branch timelines not to be pruned after all. I did enjoy the easter egg of the Kang from Ant-Man being taken care of. It’s important to establish that he seemingly wasn’t the true threat.

I personally hope that Loki’s sacrifice wasn’t wasted. It was a fitting place to conclude that character’s story arc. Making him a Watcher-like character to gain the throne and save the timelines is such an interesting “be careful what you wish for” tragic twist.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. You wanted feed back and you got it! Until next time, make mine MCU L8er! Brap brap! (I’m new here… is that the right way to do it?)

1 Like

Steve Grows Weed

I thought the last half of this season really made up for the start. The first few episodes weren’t bad. Just didn’t really know what was going on.
But this season finished really strong!
There’s an argument to be made that Loki is a bigger and better “Hero” than Thor at this point. He’s saved countless timelines and an infinite number of people. What the fuck did Thor do? Get fat and make jokes?
Loki The True Avenger!!!
Love the show you guys do and everyone that participates in it. Not sure why I don’t write more feedback.
Question: was any of this in the comics in any way?
Thanks for the show!!
Cheers :seedling::dash::dash::dash:

1 Like

Anthony from Melbourne

Loved this show besides the pacing issue specifically with episode 2 which could have easily been combined with episode 3. This also would have enabled more time to explore B-15s original timeline which was a nurse in New York in 2012 when Loki attacked.

A quick adjustment to the scene where Loki goes back to get B-15 in episode 5 could of had the hospital overrun with injuries from Lokis invasion, giving Loki a different perspective on the chaos he had caused.

B-15 didn’t even need to know who Loki was, just the extra layer of showing Loki having compassion for the very same people he had tormented would have put the cherry on-top of what has been an amazing 2 seasons of character growth.

Last week you all seemed positive Loki would get another season, while there is more story to the TVA it seems until the next Avengers movie Lokis story has been told. Do you still think there will be a season 3 or will the TVA just show up in different Marvel shows as part of the multiverse arc?

If not touched on already, any early spoiler free impressions of the marvels? It is the first MCU movie I haven’t gone to see opening weekend and have no interest in going to see at the cinemas (that means I even watched the externals opening weekend haha regrets), I just don’t have the hype for this one, will be interesting to see how it performs.

(Sorry if the feedback is a little incoherent, I thought the live feed wasn’t starting for another 2 hours and caught you streaming by fluke so wrote this super quick while your about 1 feedback away from reading this, would have loved to have called in and told you all how I say Melbourne).

1 Like