Malakai Black: "I promise you this is not goodbye, this is just we’ll see each other soon"

Originally published at Malakai Black: "I promise you this is not goodbye, this is just we’ll see each other soon"

Malakai Black speaks about what the future holds for him.

Prestige Wrestling’s ‘Perseverance’ show took place on 9/17 and the main event of the evening was Malakai Black versus Kidd Bandit.

Post-match, Black spoke his mind to the audience about what the future looks like for him. This month, it was first reported by Fightful Select that numerous talents informed them that Black was granted a conditional release from All Elite Wrestling or is done for the foreseeable future. While speaking at the Prestige show, Black said he will answer the majority of questions that people have in due time.

He went on to state that throughout his 20-plus year career, he has never taken the time to step back, recalibrate his life and look at all he’s been able to do in wrestling. Black asked that people give him a few weeks or a few months to get everything in perspective but he promised that it’s not a goodbye and it’s just a see you later. He then spoke highly of Kidd Bandit before leaving the ring.

Wow, a wire . Kidd, I don’t know what you’re made of but I just hit you with some of the hardest strikes I’ve ever given, you’re still standing — well I mean, you’re laying down but you get the point. Your eyes are still open so, it doesn’t matter who you are. You are a professional athlete in my book and I thank you for this match.

After Black, Buddy Matthews and Brody King took on Sting, Darby Allin and Miro at All Out, Malakai stood atop of the entrance ramp and took a bow before heading to the backstage area.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the original source with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

1 Like