Mance Warner confirms that he asked MLW to release him

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/12/21/mance-warner-confirms-that-he-asked-mlw-to-release-him/

Mance Warner joined Major League Wrestling in early 2019 and his last match with the organization was in March of this year at their joint-show with AAA. While speaking with Wrestling Inc., Warner confirmed that he asked MLW to release him from his contract. Mance was not a part of MLW’s ‘Restart’ tapings.

Well, I think people have seen that before on the dirt sheets out there. Old Mancer did ask for his release from MLW, but you’ve seen that on dirt sheets, and that’s kind of where we’re at right now. It is what it is. Where I’m going to be and what I’m going to be doing, I’m always going to be at GCW IWA Mid-South.

I’ll be there this weekend, but with all the shows being canceled, and now we don’t really know if things are shutting down again. There’s a vaccine coming out, we don’t know when everything’s going to come back. So for right now, I know I got Game Changer Wrestling going on. I got a IWA Mid-South show coming up this weekend, but after that, I got no idea what’s going on.

Back in October, it was reported by Bodyslam.net that Warner requested his release from MLW but the organization denied it. When MLW was asked about Warner’s status, they responded by noting that Mance remains under contract.

MLW is in the mist of their Restart and are setting up matches for their Kings of Colosseum show on January 6th. Announced for the show thus far is the following:

* MLW World Middleweight Championship: Myron Reed (c) vs. Lio Rush
* MLW National Openweight Championship: Alex Hammerstone (c) vs. Mads Krügger