Mandy Rose questions why she wasn't able to operate FanTime & be in WWE, comments on photo with titles

Originally published at Mandy Rose questions why she wasn't able to operate FanTime & be in WWE, comments on photo with titles

She shared her thoughts about the image WWE reposted of her with the NXT and NXT UK Titles. 

It has been over a month since Mandy Rose was released from WWE. The former NXT Women’s Champion was scheduled to defend the belt against Roxanne Perez at New Year’s Evil but their title match was bumped up and Rose dropped the championship following the Deadline Premium Live Event

She went on the record about her exit from WWE on the Tamron Hall Show. In a new interview with New York Post, Rose questioned why she was not able to run her FanTime page while remaining in WWE. She reiterated that she’s grateful for her time in the company and everyone is replaceable in wrestling. 

I am grateful and very humbled with everything I’ve done and made at the company [WWE], but in today’s day and age, there are so many other avenues and so many other marketing opportunities, it’s like why can’t I do both? At the end of the day, I’m the only one watching out for myself and my career. Everyone’s replaceable in our business – it’s true.

She commented on the photo of herself poolside being covered by the NXT and NXT UK Women’s Championships. WWE reposted that image and Mandy questioned if that is considered a ‘racy’ photo or not. 

What’s the definition of racy? The photo of me with two titles – I was completely naked underneath, that’s considered a racy photo, right?

Rose’s former groupmates in Toxic Attraction, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne will be in a Triple Threat for the NXT Women’s Championship at the Vengeance Day Premium Live Event.

Isn’t the answer obvious as to why WWE was fine with racy content as long as it wasn’t on FanTime? Because WWE wasn’t making any money off that.

By reposting an image of her half naked on the WWE instragram feed WWE gets views, subscribers that they can translate to monetary value for the company from advertisers.

When she does it by herself WWE doesn’t see that money. I’m sure she knows that and is probably asking the question to be rhetorical and point out the hypocrisy of their position. That being said she also knew she was probably crossing a line. And has apparently made a bunch of money since being let go so I don’t feel bad for her. And she isn’t burning any bridges so if she stops doing FanTime the door would probably be open for her to return.