Mark Henry: Tony Khan is head over heels happy with what I’ve added to AEW

Originally published at Mark Henry: Tony Khan is happy with what I’ve added to AEW

Mark Henry assesses how he’s done in AEW so far.

Mark Henry has been a part of All Elite Wrestling dating back to May when he debuted at their Double or Nothing pay-per-view. Henry was a commentator for the Rampage program and he currently hosts the promo segments that air prior to the main event.

Henry is also helping the company expand their Community Outreach program and while speaking to Sports Guys Talking Wrestling, Henry was asked to assess how he’s faired in his roles in AEW so far. He shared that AEW President Tony Khan is happy with what he’s done for AEW, but Henry added that he’s not in for a pat on the back. He wants to make a difference.

You know, that would probably be a question for Tony . But I’ve had several interactions with my management and Tony. He’s head over heels happy with what I’ve added, what I’ve done, what I’m doing. The people are getting served outside of AEW. Our charity and community division is helping and affecting the communities that we go in. There’s, you know, nothing but a bunch of praise. But I’m not in it for the pats on the back, I’m not in it for just the money. I’m in it because I wanna make a difference and on my tombstone, them not just say, ‘Here lies a guy that was world champion in three sports,’ but how many people were affected by his work and that’s my job. My job in every sense of the word is to go in and troubleshoot, go in and give moral support and speed up the learning curve and give the wrestling acumen that is gonna be enticing to people going forward.

The WWE Hall Of Famer hosted the pre-main event interview on the latest AEW Rampage which included Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero and Trent Beretta facing off with Bobby Fish, Adam Cole, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson. To check out POST Wrestling’s review of the show, head over to this link.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit Sports Guys Talking Wrestling with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.