Mark Jindrak received $53,000 royalty check for being in SmackDown vs. Raw 2006

Originally published at Mark Jindrak received $53K royalty check for being in SmackDown vs. Raw '06

Before going on to find success as a wrestler in Mexico, Mark Jindrak spent five years with WWF/E. He was released in July of 2005.

In the final stretch of his run with the company, he challenged for the U.S. Title and was drafted to the Raw brand but was released before he could make his debut. Despite being let go, Jindrak was still added to the SmackDown vs. Raw 2006 video game roster which was released in November of 2005.

During his appearance on ‘Get Funk’d’, he shared that he received a $53,000 royalty check for being in the game.

What was cool too, I got fired in 2005, I didn’t start doing sh*t until July — and I didn’t start doing sh*t until like May of 2006 because I remember I got on the last video game for — even though I got released, I made the last cut for Raw vs. SmackDown 2006 and you know with video games, those royalties were f*cking sick, you know? I got — I think one royalty check — I was released and I’m thinking, my gears were spinning. I was like, ‘I need to party less, I need to date less and go on less dates. I gotta turn it down.’ I had a sweet Hummer and then all of a sudden, I opened my mailbox one day and a royalty check came for the f*cking video game and it was for f*cking $53,000 and I was like, ‘Umm…’

Following his departure from WWE, Jindrak competed for AAA, Lucha Libre USA and CMLL where he became the company’s World Heavyweight Champion.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the ‘Get Funk’d’ show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

Good on Jindrak making money and making waves since leaving WWE. Hell of a royalty check if true, and then he became a Lucha Libre superstar.